What's new

Call the HazMat team

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have an odd pen cleaning method. Since I hate filling and emptying cups over and over, I do the first few flushes a little differently. With the faucet running, I make a cup with my palm to hold water, dip the nib in, and start flushing. I do this to get rid of the majority of ink. It has never been a problem before, as I keep the water running. I may get a faint stain on my hand, but it is never very noticeable. I never have a problem staining the sink. I tried this for the first time today with Baystate Blue. The results were much different. Let us say the wife was not impressed, especially since she just cleaned it yesterday.

Attachments

• $rsz_sink.jpg
    $rsz_sink.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 263
  • $rsz_hand.jpg
    $rsz_hand.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 262

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Softscrub lol
Yep, that is what it took. The wife didn't know I clean pens this way, because I have never stained. She knows now. When I snuck out to get the Softscrub, she walked into the bathroom. You know, getting cussed out in Spanish sounds much nicer than English.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought it said "Cat in a HazMat". I figured Syngent's cat was taking precautions.

+1 for Barkeepers

Bust out the pipe ashe Owen... then use the fancy soap bars that look like stuff... then use the good towels

And leave the toilet seat up for gpod measure

I looked at the pics before reading and immediately knew that this was a brush with BayState Blue. Its chief property is "staining"

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly right Owen?
That's right

I looked at the pics before reading and immediately knew that this was a brush with BayState Blue. Its chief property is "staining"
I have a 3 oz and 4oz (70% full), but am thinking of moving away from it. Maybe I can trade it away. I love the color, but it sure messes things up.

Love the color, hate the ink. It will gum up a good FP especially when it encounters residuals of regular ink. For me, the trouble is not worth it.

The only Noodlers I use now are his EEL inks.
I pretty much stick to Watermans, Diamine, Parker and Private Reserve.

Yep, that is what it took. The wife didn't know I clean pens this way, because I have never stained. She knows now. When I snuck out to get the Softscrub, she walked into the bathroom. You know, getting cussed out in Spanish sounds much nicer than English.

Being fluent, I can only imagine the weird and wonderful combinations of adjectives, verbs, and other vocabules used. :ohmy:

Top Bottom