What's new

Calgary finds

Took some time yesterday to indulge in some acquisition disorder...

• C&E Nomad soap (was looking for a brush too, but they were all out)

Sold out? I was in Cowtown Thursday, picked up a couple soaps, and a strop. The lady at C&E said their brushes kept 'walking away' and they hadn`t ordered anymore
Picked up the strop at knifewear. They also carry Naniwa hones in 220, 1000, 3000, 5000, 8000, 10000. Was going to pick up a complete set, but SWMBO had spent too much at IKEA. :001_rolle

Tried to hit up RP, but they were closed :001_huh:
PS the shop next to knifewear, is pretty cool. Lot of vintage stuff. Picked up a Fatboy, British Flair , and a Grand Razor Shaveking. :biggrin1:

Overall, a good trip.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Sold out? I was in Cowtown Thursday, picked up a couple soaps, and a strop. The lady at C&E said their brushes kept 'walking away' and they hadn`t ordered anymore
Picked up the strop at knifewear. They also carry Naniwa hones in 220, 1000, 3000, 5000, 8000, 10000. Was going to pick up a complete set, but SWMBO had spent too much at IKEA. :001_rolle

PS the shop next to knifewear, is pretty cool. Lot of vintage stuff. Picked up a Fatboy, British Flair , and a Grand Razor Shaveking. :biggrin1:

Overall, a good trip.

Wiki updated

http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Canada_Shopping_and_Suppliers

I believe the following products are a new line at Shoppers Drug Mart as I had not seen them on the shelves until last week. They were placed with the regular shaving supplies not in the "Men's Zone" specialty area.

The products are marked with the "Life" brand logo which would indicate they are SDM house brand.

They all carry the name "Face Visage" as the primary labeling. The secondary labeling indicates the product and it's application.

"Scrub-smooth skin surface" $6.49

"Cleanser-mild formula" $6.49

"Moisturizing Lotion-SPF15 broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection" $6.99

"Moisturizing Gel-instant hydration" $4.99

"Aftershave Balm-refreshing" $6.49

The last two items were packaged in boxes while the first three were not.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I believe the following products are a new line at Shoppers Drug Mart as I had not seen them on the shelves until last week. They were placed with the regular shaving supplies not in the "Men's Zone" specialty area.

The products are marked with the "Life" brand logo which would indicate they are SDM house brand.

They all carry the name "Face Visage" as the primary labeling. The secondary labeling indicates the product and it's application.

"Scrub-smooth skin surface" $6.49

"Cleanser-mild formula" $6.49

"Moisturizing Lotion-SPF15 broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection" $6.99

"Moisturizing Gel-instant hydration" $4.99

"Aftershave Balm-refreshing" $6.49

The last two items were packaged in boxes while the first three were not.

Added to Wiki!

Not sure if this is new or old news ... I saw some Art of Shaving stuff at Sephora the other day. They had the unscented, sandlewood and lavender scents. They also had just creams, pso's, travel kits and fullsize kits.

Not sure if this is new or old news ... I saw some Art of Shaving stuff at Sephora the other day. They had the unscented, sandlewood and lavender scents. They also had just creams, pso's, travel kits and fullsize kits.

What and where is Sephora?

nevermind. Google to the rescue.
http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml;jsessionid=03WYHKAJC3CIMCV0KQLQQAQ?categoryId=C7790
http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=sephora+calgary&fb=1&gl=ca&hq=sephora&hnear=calgary&view=text&ei=58bqS6HTOI3QtAPK3uTFBw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CCEQtQMwAA

All Proraso is on sale at SDM 16May2010 (at least at mine-Saddleridge) including...shaving cream green and white tub, shaving cream green tube, pre/post shave green and white jar, brushes plastic and wood handle.

Last edited:

Overall, a good trip.

This post is pointless without pictures and prices :)
Please post what you got at Knifewear and for how much.

This post is pointless without pictures and prices :)
Please post what you got at Knifewear and for how much.

$48 for the strop. The Naniwas were priced pretty high I couldn`t convince myself to buy them, nevermind SWMBO.
http://www.knifewear.com/sharpening-family.asp?family=51

proxy.php

I was in the Paragon drugstore (Crowfoot location) on my eternal search for Creamo Cream in the NW of Calgary. I came away empty handed but I wanted to let injector razor people know that while looking through the shelves, I noticed that they sold Schick injector blades. I don't use an injector myself and I don't know if these blades are good or not but I thought I'd pass along the intel.

At Signal Hill Winners there are several boxes of the following soap:

Price was $4.99 and it's made in UK.
I'm not familiar with this brand, just passing information along.

Saw Gillette Pro Glide razors at Shoppers Drug 2 days ago.
Power was $18.49 Unpowered $16.49. They also had Pro Glide ASB and scrub(s) on display as well.

Top Bottom