What's new

C&E Creams making razor jumpy

I have been trying to figure this out since I started using their creams. No matter how I mix my cream I can't get the razor to stop jumping around on my face. With either Nomad or Sienna it is the same problem. I have tried less water and adding more water and it is all the same. I get a decent shave but I have to be extra careful because my razor feels like it is grabbing and releasing on my face. It doesn't matter if the blade is new or old or what one it is constantly doing it. I have also had this happen with CA water and now AZ water.... suggestions?

The lather sounds over-worked to me, so long as you've really run the gamut of water mixes. This happens to me with eShave. Lot's of volume, no lubrication.

The solution for me: lather on your face, and not in a bowl. eShave is now my favorite. Give it a go. I promise that the bowl is not impressed by how much lather you can whip up.

Two excellent suggestions above. I've been lathering C&E creams on my face for several months, with great results. Sometimes I have to add water because the lather is too dry, but I do that in the mug, without really stirring/whipping.

You say you've played around with water, have you tried using more cream?

With in reason... I use a tongue depressor to get my cream out of my container... I usually get so about the same amount each time. I haven't tried doubling the amount of cream or anything, but I have tried adding a bit more for lack of better examples.

I may give the lather on your face a try as I have never done it because the bowl has worked perfect for me 100% of the time with every other cream.

You say you've played around with water, have you tried using more cream?

I agree with the idea to try using a little more cream. Try shaking the brush out a little more before lathering, and gradually add water a little at a time.

I like Nomad pretty well, get lubrication with it mixing it as above. Good luck.

-- John Gehman

Before bringing your brush to your face, try having more water on your face. For some reason a wetter face seems necessary when I use my C&E Almond - maybe it'll work for you.

The one bad shave I've gotten from C&E cream (sweet almond) was when I didn't use enough of it (tried using less on purpose...greedy me). Next time I tried it I doubled the amount I used. Yes, there was a bit left over, but the shave was MUCH smoother. (BTW, the problem I had with the bad shave was the skipping razor issue you described).

Sweet Almond is the only C&E cream from which I've managed an acceptable lather. Admittedly, it could be a case of user error or a lack of patience, but I just don't care for the shaves I get from the Sienna and Nomad creams. Fortunately, there are enough great products on the market that I can go elsewhere and not feel like I'm really missing out.

It could be water quality. I have hard water and C&E creams work pretty good for me. Not well enough to be favorites, but well enough to have on hand and use.

Sweet Almond is the only C&E cream from which I've managed an acceptable lather. Admittedly, it could be a case of user error or a lack of patience, but I just don't care for the shaves I get from the Sienna and Nomad creams. Fortunately, there are enough great products on the market that I can go elsewhere and not feel like I'm really missing out.

Try applying the shaving cream directly to your face, and then using the brush to build the lather. And don't be thrifty!

Randy

Try applying the shaving cream directly to your face, and then using the brush to build the lather. And don't be thrifty!

Randy

I spent many shaves trying all of the techniques recommended by fellow forum members. On the face, in a bowl, more/less cream or water, and even some things that I am embarrassed to admit that I tried. The bottom line is that I don't like these creams. I don't know if it has something to do with their reaction to my body's chemistry or what, but they just don't get it done for me.

Top Bottom