What's new

Buying advice for people sensitive towards strong fragrance

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I think the only way is try, unfortunately. I have found that even some unscented soaps dont agree with me, and lately, even lightly scented ones that were previously ok. So no more scented soaps for me. The best unscented for me are any of Stirlings unscented offererings and TOBS Organic.
Mystic Waters unscented is good. Schaf makes an unscented, VERY GENTLE brushless. Baum.be makes a very lightly scented cream that was designed for folks with skin issues. It's probably the best lathering cream I've used. Don't buy the puck though, your arm will fall off before you will get a good lather.

It sounds like you've started to develop some sort of allergy or intolerance. What I would do is take the ingredients list from the soaps that previously worked, but now don't. List out the ingredients. Look for fragrance oils or essential oils that are common to the ones that no longer work. Those would be at the top of the list to avoid I would think.

Mystic Waters unscented is good. Schaf makes an unscented, VERY GENTLE brushless. Baum.be makes a very lightly scented cream that was designed for folks with skin issues. It's probably the best lathering cream I've used. Don't buy the puck though, your arm will fall off before you will get a good lather.

It sounds like you've started to develop some sort of allergy or intolerance. What I would do is take the ingredients list from the soaps that previously worked, but now don't. List out the ingredients. Look for fragrance oils or essential oils that are common to the ones that no longer work. Those would be at the top of the list to avoid I would think.

Thanks for the tips-Ill put Mystic Waters on my radar. I started to compare ingredients and ended up scraping that. Went with:

neck is red/irritated —>no good
neck is fine—>good

Conclusion for me is stay away from anything with a fragrance/parfum listed in ingredients and hope that if i try a new unscented, it doesn’t bother me. In the future though, i may start to compare the ingredients again.

Thanks each and everyone for their advice shavers now my bro is in indiana so which do you think is a better website. Can't give offline option as he might buy it all and wont get an opportunity for me to pay

I think the only way is try, unfortunately. I have found that even some unscented soaps dont agree with me, and lately, even lightly scented ones that were previously ok. So no more scented soaps for me. The best unscented for me are any of Stirlings unscented offererings and TOBS Organic.
Mike's Natural Soaps makes an unscented that is very nice.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
You can always check out Stirling #2 soaps. These are batches that don't make the quality control cut for scent and are milder. I have a lime #2 and it's pretty mellow. An added bonus is they are discounted.

earthbath natural pet care has several shampoos I use as shave and shower soaps

Alba Botanica Aloe Mint shave cream

The Grandpa Soap Co. Charcoal Cleansing Shower Cream

Do you really need a "soap" suggestion ?
If creams are OK for you, I may suggest "Maca Root Shaving Cream" and "Arko Sensitive Cream".

Top Bottom