What's new

Butterscotch restore pics

Here are my latest restorations, both with butterscotch. The one on the left is labeled VF5, Pure Badger and Made in England. There is a missing shield which you may be able to see - faintly different shade of butterscotch. The two tone on the right is labeled, on the bottom, Sterilized and Set in Rubber, with an unreadable oval trade mark, with a small circle below it. I'd appreciate help in ID-ing the maker of both. The brush on the left has a TGN 20mm Finest extra stuffed, and the two tone has a 22mm Silvertip. Both are set at 50mm.

Last edited:
Here are my latest restorations, both with butterscotch. The one on the right is labeled VF5, Pure Badger and Made in England. There is a missing shield which you may be able to see - faintly different shade of butterscotch. The two tone on the right is labeled, on the bottom, Sterilized and Set in Rubber, with an unreadable oval trade mark, with a small circle below it. I'd appreciate help in ID-ing the maker of both. The brush on the left has a TGN 20mm Finest extra stuffed, and the two tone has a 22mm Silvertip. Both are set at 50mm.

Very nice job!

The one on the right looks like a Rubberset 153. I restored one a few weeks ago with a TGN 20mm Grade A Silvertip knot set at 48mm loft. No clue on the maker of the English butterscotch.

The one on the left is a beauty. Both very well done, bravo! I have the sister butterscotch though the butterscotch has turned more chocolate awaiting a re-knot...

Deja vu all over again. Here are some of mine.

The one on the left is unmarked and when I asked here for an ID no one could give me a definitive answer. Maybe with your markings we can find out. The one in the center says Fuller inside the oval. Ever-Ready on the right, I forget the number. The two on the right went out as Christmas presents.

Edit: Just noticed mine is different but I'm pretty sure the two ton is a Fuller.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Reffering to the OP, pretty sure the one on the left is a Kent. As for the other photo, one on left may also be a Kent.

Reffering to the OP, pretty sure the one on the left is a Kent. As for the other photo, one on left may also be a Kent.

+1

OP's looks like the Kent badge to me, I'm not so sure about the other photo's but it certainly has a "Kent" shape about it.

Great restores from both posters though :thumbup:

Deja vu all over again. Here are some of mine.

The one on the left is unmarked and when I asked here for an ID no one could give me a definitive answer. Maybe with your markings we can find out. The one in the center says Fuller inside the oval. Ever-Ready on the right, I forget the number. The two on the right went out as Christmas presents.

Edit: Just noticed mine is different but I'm pretty sure the two ton is a Fuller.

proxy.php

Yep. Mine is identical to the middle one of your three. I removed the casting line on the black part. Half of the mystery solved! Thanks!

+1

OP's looks like the Kent badge to me, I'm not so sure about the other photo's but it certainly has a "Kent" shape about it.

Great restores from both posters though :thumbup:

Thanks! If anyone has a Kent in that shape, check and see if the other writing matches. Let's call it 90% solved! I just noticed I said right instead of left on the OP. The printing on the side opposite the missing label reads VF5, Pure Badger and Made in England. Is that consistent with Kent?

Last edited:
Thanks! If anyone has a Kent in that shape, check and see if the other writing matches. Let's call it 90% solved! I just noticed I said right instead of left on the OP. The printing on the side opposite the missing label reads VF5, Pure Badger and Made in England. Is that consistent with Kent?

I have similar, but mine just says V5 (no F), and it appears next words might be "Pure Badger"

For future reference I found this pic of the Fuller when I first got it. I am a poor photographer but it clearly read Fuller inside the oval. The ink disappeared when I washed it gently with soap and water and the etching was no longer visible.

proxy.php

Top Bottom