What's new

BSAD (Body Soap Acquisition Disorder)

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I know many of us have shaving soap acquisition Disorder, but I appear to have a problem with buying too much bar/body soap. I have used bar soap for a number of years now instead of shower gel as I find it works better, lasts longer and doesn't have as much plastic for packaging.
I was in a shop the other day and found myself buying a couple of bars of Lynx soap, nothing wrong with that until I realise I already have plenty of soap which I really should be using up first.
IMG_20221112_153213~2.jpg

Is it just me or do others find themselves stockpiling soap for no apparent reason? Are there any of you with large stockpiles that you may never get around to using?

I'll be a founding member of this club. The Palmolive Classic bars always wind up in my basket at the Dollar Tree and I like to shave with Dove or olive oil soaps like Savon de Marseille, Allepo and Pre de Provence so most of my hoard would technically be bath soaps.
Gotta have a hobby! 👍

I have a huge stockpile of bars of Dial , Irish Spring, and several vintage Old spice on a rope . I also find liquid body wash not working as well as a bar of soap . I have a plastic container that I keep a bar of soap in for hand washing on my breaks at work.

Mike M

I have a huge stockpile of bars of Dial , Irish Spring, and several vintage Old spice on a rope . I also find liquid body wash not working as well as a bar of soap . I have a plastic container that I keep a bar of soap in for hand washing on my breaks at work.
Old Spice on a rope sounds great, I only have 1 soap on a rope, a Bayliss and Harding black pepper and ginseng which does sound good but not as good as Old Spice.

Old Spice on a rope sounds great, I only have 1 soap on a rope, a Bayliss and Harding black pepper and ginseng which does sound good but not as good as Old Spice.
Os soap on a rope brings back so many great memories, years ago , my mother would always buy me OS cologne , aftershave,and soap on a rope.

Mike M

Os soap on a rope brings back so many great memories, years ago , my mother would always buy me OS cologne , aftershave,and soap on a rope.
Yep, my mum used to get it for my dad from the Avon catalogue

Hi everybody, my name is Chris and I have BSAD, both body soap and shampoo bars. Here is the current SOTC (state of the collection). Queen Charlotte went out of business in 2016 so I've had this condition for some time now. :eek2:

Soap.jpg

Anyone have a favorite artisinal soap brand, made without chemicals, just fats and lye like the good 'ol days :001_smile? I'm still trying to fill the void left by Queen Charlotte. Stirling is an excellent alternative though!

Hi everybody, my name is Chris and I have BSAD, both body soap and shampoo bars. Here is the current SOTC (state of the collection). Queen Charlotte went out of business in 2016 so I've had this condition for some time now. :eek2:

View attachment 1559725

Anyone have a favorite artisinal soap brand, made without chemicals, just fats and lye like the good 'ol days :001_smile? I'm still trying to fill the void left by Queen Charlotte. Stirling is an excellent alternative though!
Savon de Marseille. Olive oil and salt basically. Has a natural earthy type scent that some folks hate but I love.

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
I know many of us have shaving soap acquisition Disorder, but I appear to have a problem with buying too much bar/body soap. I have used bar soap for a number of years now instead of shower gel as I find it works better, lasts longer and doesn't have as much plastic for packaging.
I was in a shop the other day and found myself buying a couple of bars of Lynx soap, nothing wrong with that until I realise I already have plenty of soap which I really should be using up first.
View attachment 1555803
Is it just me or do others find themselves stockpiling soap for no apparent reason? Are there any of you with large stockpiles that you may never get around to using?
Not currently, but I think I'm about to head down that rabbit hole myself. Been using the same grocery store deodorant soap for years and decided I wanted to try some different organic/natural bar soaps, and wow, so many options! Now, I'm on a googling/shopping spree.

Has anybody tried '+Defense'?

DefenseSoap.jpg

Or, Dr Squatch?

DrSquatchSoap.jpg

I'm 60-something and have dry skin (except for my oily face) and am looking for some healthier, moisturizing options. Less concerned about deodorizing soaps than I used to be. Although, somewhat anti-bacterial would be nice.

Last edited:
I have a large hoard of olive soaps from the Mediterranean, whether Greece, Tunisia, Palestine - Nablus, and Turkey. I have a large collection of Savon de Marseille and Aleppo soap.
I also have large collections of British triple milled soaps, and similar soaps from Portugal and Italy.

I have a large hoard of olive soaps from the Mediterranean, whether Greece, Tunisia, Palestine - Nablus, and Turkey. I have a large collection of Savon de Marseille and Aleppo soap.
I also have large collections of British triple milled soaps, and similar soaps from Portugal and Italy.

Nice!
Photos please!

I've tried some more exotic types of soap (off the top of my head, a few varieties each of Aleppo, Nabulsi, and "Black" soap), but I've never found them enough of an improvement over more "domestic" soaps to warrant repeated use.

You guys are all nuts! lol.

I am generally good with any soap as long as it is in bar form (I hate liquid soaps as they take forever to wash off). Pears, Dial, whatever.

BUT… I have a bit of a soap addiction. A small soap maker in Kingston, Ontario makes amazing fancy soaps and I tend to stock up once a year. Pumice, fruits, spices, etc. Excellent stuff.

I also really like Pre de Provence soaps and buy them on Amazon when they are on sale.

Top Bottom