What's new

Brush Handles

Where do you guys find these magnificent handles such as the Ever-Readys. Im a big DIY guy and am about 3 months into this addicting hobby and would love to restore a brush to add in to my very small (wee scott) no pun intend collection.

Ebay is a great source, but scouring your local antique shops and estate sales can turn up some gems as well, usually at a better price. Sometimes though ebay is the best route if you are willing to compete over some of the more popular models.

Ebay, local antique shops, other members here. You do get tons of joy out of searching locally and finding one in an old antique shop.

Thanks for the replies..Not many antique shops around me but there are a few flea markets. B/S/T and ebay were my obvious first places to look.

Bought my 200 already restored on the BST, picked up the two handles I have worked on from the bay. Haven't seen a ton of them at the antique stores and flea markets I have been to, and none that I have been really interested in.

There are always lots of brushes on the Bay, but the ones that catch my eye seem to go pretty high. I have gotten better prices at local flea markets and antique malls. One possible alternative to Ebay is ETSY. Prices can be high there too, but at least there are no bidding wars and no snipers.

Also, I would recommend throwing a "want to buy" line in your signature line, or even start a WTB thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

It worked very well for me this week.

What did you end up nabbing as a result?

A green/black 150 and a cream/blue 100 (looks identical to my cream/red) are both on the way. One of them will get a TGN Finest bulb knot, but not sure what I will go with on the other.

Pretty good chance I will start a thread once I get them both in and get some pics.

Top Bottom