What's new

Brisket ain't just for the Smoker

1E180F51-EEE2-4317-88B0-A9058E60FE25.jpeg
97E3FCD8-B0E7-4C0F-BC0A-D4FC428FE050.jpeg

This pseudo-house arrest (aka "Self Quarantine") does get old. But, it also affords many opportunities, one of which is exploring the deep recesses of the chest freezer. Dug
out a decent sized point cut brisket. Possibly the fattiest piece of meat I have ever dealt with. After extensive trimming I figured it would be a good choice for a Coffee-Ancho Chile rubbed Machaca recipe I saw on TV.
Game on.....

33D545A2-B7C5-4243-B05E-2882E2C0D042.jpeg

Rubbed down with kosher salt, Mexican coffee, and Ancho chile. Sear went well. Now in a 300 degree oven for about 3-3 1/2 hours.
Braising in red wine, lime juice, tomato juice, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, cinnamon, and bay leaves.

View attachment 1084605
Rubbed down with kosher salt, Mexican coffee, and Ancho chile. Sear went well. Now in a 300 degree oven for about 3-3 1/2 hours.
Braising in red wine, lime juice, tomato juice, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, cinnamon, and bay leaves.
Looks delicious!
I managed to get my hands on a, I want to say 15 pound maybe a little less, brisket.
I don't normally buy them because of how fatty they are, but it's what could get. Turned out perfect for making ground hamburger meat. Taste better than pre ground as well.

Low and slow ain't the only way. Sliced very thin (easier if still frozen) and grilled is awesome too.

Low and slow ain't the only way. Sliced very thin (easier if still frozen) and grilled is awesome too.

10lbs though?!

Top Bottom