What's new

Bond No. 9 Wall Street

I was at Sak's 5th Ave. today and tried quite a few colognes. The one that stuck out was Wall Street from Bond No. 9. My taste in colognes has changed so much since being on B&B. I have fairly distinguished, but traditional tastes. For example, Floris Vetiver is a watered down distillation of heaven and I think whomever decided that it would be a wonderful idea to discontinue it should be sent to London Tower.

However, I digress. This one threw me for a loop. Unlike anything I have sampled before. Oceanic in a complicated way due to seaweed and saltiness. Also, top notes of cucumber.....It eeerrrrr kinda worked though in some odd way. It felt like I was smelling modern art. Andy Warhol in a bottle.....Only in NY!

I'm very curious about the Bong frags... You make the Wall Street sounds very nice so I may start there.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
All the Bonds are superb IMHO. A little trouble is they do tend to mimic a great deal of Creed Fragrances. THe owner of BOnd use to work and develope for Creed.

Riverside Drive is a nice refreshing scent
New Harleem with its coffee is awesome
Wall Street is a bit like Millisime Imperial, but cleaner imho
Coney Island is great nice summer fragrance ill be picking up soon enough.

That isn't cheap - I'm an addict and have few frags that cost $200+.

Well, the small bottle is 150! :p Its a bargin!!

I'm kinda torn over this. It is high quality juice and very chic. Also, Im 28, single, and wanted something lighter for summer/dating. I think the small one will do. Also, I tried Creed, C&S, Floris, Penhaligon's, but need to try Tam Dao.

Lastly, you addiction is responsible for the greatest shave den. It is strong in all respects. Razors, brushes, aftershaves, strops, hones and soaps. Frankly I'm jealous!

Last edited:

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I know that I have bought a few of the Bond streets off ebay without a single problem. They are almost 100 dollars less than the in store price FYI

Bond No. 9 makes some quality scents. Wall Street is evidently in the same neighborhood as Creed's Millesime Imperiale.

Bond No.9 is grossly overpriced IMO, but it's still fun to watch rich folk pay top dollar for the gimmicky marketing and fancy bottles, or think that by having Swarovski crystals on the bottle makes the juice inside better. The juice is in no way superior or of higher quality then similar designer offerings for a fraction of the price. And I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but buying a Bond No. 9 fragrance is in no way "chic", it's actually quite a mainstream fragrance brand, and IMO fails to qualify as a true "niche" brand. The only scent that actually has somewhat impressed/surprised me thus far was HOT Always.

Bond No.9 is grossly overpriced IMO, but it's still fun to watch rich folk pay top dollar for the gimmicky marketing and fancy bottles, or think that by having Swarovski crystals on the bottle makes the juice inside better. The juice is in no way superior or of higher quality then similar designer offerings for a fraction of the price. And I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but buying a Bond No. 9 fragrance is in no way "chic", it's actually quite a mainstream fragrance brand, and IMO fails to qualify as a true "niche" brand. The only scent that actually has somewhat impressed/surprised me thus far was HOT Always.
C'mon.. Don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel!! :biggrin: :wink:

That I can tell, Bond No. 9 is a tad "gimmicky" with the bottles. They also have a rep for taking a lot of inspiration from other popular scents (aka "ripping off).

But, it seems to be a pretty high quality product and many people like them.
I like Creed's MI, but it dissapears on me faster than I would like. Maybe Wall Street's got better legs. You never know.

I'm kinda torn over this. It is high quality juice and very chic. Also, Im 28, single, and wanted something lighter for summer/dating. I think the small one will do. Also, I tried Creed, C&S, Floris, Penhaligon's, but need to try Tam Dao.

Lastly, you addiction is responsible for the greatest shave den. It is strong in all respects. Razors, brushes, aftershaves, strops, hones and soaps. Frankly I'm jealous!

Aw shucks...:blushing:... the den is still missing a Damascus Japanese straight...

Aw shucks...:blushing:... the den is still missing a Damascus Japanese straight...

Have you tried Acqua di Parma? Total class and the ladies seem to love it.

I think that I need to try the Aqua di Parma before I leave the city. Also, Tam Dao is on the list. There is as much to know about colognes as there is about scotchs.

i remember the secretary at a place i use to work at smelt it and said it was sad, like funeral parlor flowers, i never wore AdP to work again,

my friend, you want good and economic, look at floris, Elite is my Day to day, but Santal or 89 is closed to what you´re asking,

i remember the secretary at a place i use to work at smelt it and said it was sad, like funeral parlor flowers, i never wore AdP to work again,

my friend, you want good and economic, look at floris, Elite is my Day to day, but Santal or 89 is closed to what you´re asking,

I have Floris Vetiver for special occasions and it is heavenly. Unfortunately, none of the other scents do much for me. They just dont feel regal enough for the money.

well, i have tried bond #9 and i think it was wallstreet, it reminded me alot of O by lancome for men but much more refined, i liked it alot, but for some reason the few companies which import bond #9 to spain decided that 1$=1€, and 200 euros is a bit stiff for a cologne, at lease for me,

One of my favorite Bond No. 9 - Wall Street.

It's extremely long lasting and the cucumber note is quite unique. It's very hard to find a cologne that works well in the summer heat without constant and annoying reapplication. This one bucks the trend.

Eau de New York & Riverside Drive are two other Bonds that I am a devoted fan of.

Top Bottom