What's new

Body sponge for men?

Does anybody have any recommendations for a good men's body sponge and where it may be found? It seems like all the netted sponges I find in the drugstore look too girly. Thanks.

It's tough to make a knotted poof of netting look manly. Most drugstores usually have them in plain white or blue. Axe makes a "body detailer" that I suppose looks manly.
proxy.php

I use something that looks strikingly like this, I purchased mine in a grocery store. They last forever, and you can put them in the laundry like a washcloth. I have had one for a while now and I really like it.

I jumped on the bandwagon recently as well with some from The Body Shop. Its great. You can bunch it up and use it like a loofah/"body tool" from most everywhere and then open it up so that you can actually clean your back/boot of you feet with little effort. Squeeze it at the end lets it dry off quicker and it can be thrown in the washer, unlike the loofah. Bonus with the towel is that because it opens up, it is possible to actually use bar soap in my hard water since there is more surface area to load up the soap.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
The Salux bath towel. Don't let the woman on the package fool you.

The beauty of this towel is the rough texture will easily make luxurious suds off a bar of soap, and it is also long enough for you to scrub every inch of your back. I don't know how you would scrub your back with a sponge unless you were Prince Akeem heir to the throne of Zamunda.

The natural sponges from Acca Kappa are quite nice, but also quite expensive. If you have a Whole Foods or another similar market in your area you should be able to find natural sponges easily. I suppose a copper pot scrubber could serve as a seriously masculine bathing implement.

I have a black puff, don't remember where I got it from. The AXE ones are also pretty good.

Used to work with a ex-Force Recon Marine SGT. who told me about "GI showers" with those. *shudder* :scared:

A couple of Marines I hang out with call them "soap parties". They sound like the exact polar opposite of a nice relaxing shower.

I have the axe detailer, really don't care for it. Notice the other brands like dove started making something similar when they came out with the men + care line. I use a simple black or orange poof ball. They work, and no one questions me on my manliness from using them.

Top Bottom