What's new

Blades Grim straight razor review

I haven't seen anyone review a blades grim straight. They are expensive new at 295 dollars on the blades grim website. Found one pop up on the bay and won it for 10.50. I love grim reapers and have two tattooed on me so I have wanted one of these razors just because of the reaper logo. I wasn't going to pay close to 300 for one and have it just as a display piece. So I figured at this price it's worth a shot. I'm so happy I got it. The razor gave me one of the nicest shaves I have had with a straight. In terms of smoothness and comfort I would put it on par with my super Kikuboshi. I still think 300 is too much for this razor. But if you are looking for a razor made in the US and is good this is a great option. I do see them from time to time on the bay.
20191225_150028.jpg
20191225_150033.jpg
20191225_150046.jpg
20191225_150058.jpg
20191225_150102.jpg

They showed up here as a start up and things didn’t go great. Their umbrella company has bought Classic Shaving, and Hart razors. They don’t have a particularly good rep for customer service or interaction.

sounds like you got a good deal and example. I’m happy for you in that regard. I’d never buy from them, and I don’t want a Grimm Blade myself.

They showed up here as a start up and things didn’t go great. Their umbrella company has bought Classic Shaving, and Hart razors. They don’t have a particularly good rep for customer service or interaction.

sounds like you got a good deal and example. I’m happy for you in that regard. I’d never buy from them, and I don’t want a Grimm Blade myself.

Did not know all of that. I had just wanted one because of the reaper. I was amazed at how good it shaved. I still wouldn't spend that much on one of these. I mean bluesman7 razors absolutely. But you are getting something that is hand made and not mass produced. Grimm blades I am sure they get blanks then finish them. Not worth 300. I would put them at around 150 max.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Doesn't look all that special to me. Spine looks a bit thick, too. But if it shaves good for you and you are happy with what you paid for it, then you got a fair deal. Me, I am with KW. I would never buy one for more than about $20.

I agree with Slash that the spine looks thick. Grind also looks more like a half-hollow than a full hollow.

But if it shaves great for you, it shaves great. And at ten bucks, sounds like you got a great deal.

It is no way shape or form a full hollow. It is half hollow maybe a little less than half hollow. The spin is a bit thick. But it shaves nicely and yeah 10.50 for a nice razor can't beat that.

As stated it’s not a full hollow, maybe 1/2 at best, it reminds me of Hart Razors as in very utilitarian.

By the looks of the blade they buy forged blanks and crank out a basic razor and if the heat treat was done correctly it should last a long time and if nothing else at $10.50 it will make a good practice honing razor

Top Bottom