What's new

Black Shadow

I can’t compare it to the la lune but I have a few black slates and here’s not much difference in any of them. The Black Shadow does do a good job finishing, smooth and keen edge. I should try a green slate to compare them. If I were inclined to get another I think I’d get the cheaper green.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I have both and actually prefer the Black Shadow to the La Lune, but that’s a personal choice in edge feel. The La Lune certainly makes a keener edge, but I usually end up with red dots from a La Lune edge. The BS edge is smoother and I don’t get the red dots. I know people that prefer the modern purple La Lune edge over most everything though.

That said, I have a vintage ‘blue moon’ - the La Lune ‘for only good razors’, and it’s kind of between them. super keen edges yet not as aggressive as the modern purple La Lune.

If you’re buying the BS from Griffith, and that’s all you’re buying, get the big one, it qualifies for free shipping so might as well turn postage into stone.

I have both and actually prefer the Black Shadow to the La Lune, but that’s a personal choice in edge feel. The La Lune certainly makes a keener edge, but I usually end up with red dots from a La Lune edge. The BS edge is smoother and I don’t get the red dots. I know people that prefer the modern purple La Lune edge over most everything though.

That said, I have a vintage ‘blue moon’ - the La Lune ‘for only good razors’, and it’s kind of between them. super keen edges yet not as aggressive as the modern purple La Lune.

If you’re buying the BS from Griffith, and that’s all you’re buying, get the big one, it qualifies for free shipping so might as well turn postage into stone.
I ended up ordering the Black Shadow from Griffith along with a Coticule and another Straight Razor... SMH.

Top Bottom