What's new

Birth Year Razors...

Hi

I am interested in getting hold of a razor from my birthyear, quarter 1 1978. I am also looking to pick one up for my Dad, whose birthday is quarter 3 1949.

So, what models etc am I looking at?

'78 is a Y1, but I don't know what models were available, THIS PAGE says DE/TracII, can anyone show me what these razors look like? I think superspeeds were available in '78 but can anyone confirm that.

1949 means I am after a U3? On the B&B wiki I gleaned that I could be looking for a notched superspeed, without a date code in a red box :confused:
What else would be from that year, and how likely am I to find one?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Hi

I am interested in getting hold of a razor from my birthyear, quarter 1 1978. I am also looking to pick one up for my Dad, whose birthday is quarter 3 1949.

So, what models etc am I looking at?

'78 is a Y1, but I don't know what models were available, THIS PAGE says DE/TracII, can anyone show me what these razors look like? I think superspeeds were available in '78 but can anyone confirm that.

1949 means I am after a U3? On the B&B wiki I gleaned that I could be looking for a notched superspeed, without a date code in a red box :confused:
What else would be from that year, and how likely am I to find one?

Any help greatly appreciated!

for the '78, you have the black handle super speed, and I think a black tip super speed as well

for the '49, unfortunately, you're practically out of luck figuring out the quarter, since they didn't start imprinting that info until '51. I have a couple of '49/'50's, they are the same design and shave great, but there's no way to tell which specific year of quarter

The 78 SS will more than likely be a black handle SS. Should be fairly easy to find.

The 49 didnt have a date code yet (I could be mistaken though). You are correct on the notch though. If it doesnt have a notch its pre-48 and earlier. There are some different razors made this year. I am not an expert yet, but I think a couple of them are ....SS & Aristocrat

I hope that you're successful :thumbsup:

I bid on many razors before acquiring my E4 adjustable

Never before had I waited with such anticipation on a "new" razor

The "'59 Fatboy" was finally mine

Last quarter 1959 razor

Last quarter 1959 birth

Black handled super adjustable from '78. You're looking for Y1... I know this because I'm looking for an X4 (December '77) in mint condition. :)

It does have a plastic head which I think is a little weak, but it is what it is.

Top Bottom