What's new

Bigfoot Found!(umm...maybe)

Good evening gents. In keeping with the general jocularity of the "Chupacabra" posting, have you seen or heard about THIS?

These guys claim to have found a Bigfoot carcass. It is allegedly 7'7" tall and weighs in excess of 500 pounds. There is supposed to be a big press conference Friday at noon. This will allegedly contain DNA testing and more photos. I don't know guys. I am fond of "never say never" but wouldn't you think that if the greatest cryptozoological find in the last 500 years was true there would be photos all over the place? I just hope we don't hear of some "disaster" that befalls the repository of the beast's body or the photo evidence the night before the supposed unveiling. Anyroad, as a confirmed fan of The Night Stalker, Xfiles, and Monster Quest, you know I am hoping for this one to be true. Imagine it. For the first time since settlers crossed the Appilachians and found grizzly bears, there may actually be something out there in the night (besides human predator scum) to warrant keeping your pistola handy whilst camping. Did I just hear a twig snap?

Regards, Todd

M

modern man

Well my dad left home many years ago.

Bout time they found him dead.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
this will be interesting. Like you said, I hope nothing happens to the body

Yeah I saw that on Digg, man I so want this to be true. Somehow I think it's just a really big dude with that disease that makes werepeople.

proxy.php

There's a Bigfoot museum in the Santa Cruz mountains that I stopped in to check out once; I was hoping for a chuckle, but the fella running the place was a bit fanatical about it, which just made things uncomfortable. Anywho, maybe they'll do a "Sasquatch Autopsy" video and package it for sale with that "Alien Autopsy" that was popular a few years back.

Not to be a spoil sport, but these guys have done some sleuthing and created a pretty strong argument for this being a fraudulent scam involving a police officer from Georgia and his brother.

You decide, YMMV

Of course, it may actually be real. Who knows. Weirder things have happened!

I'm just a few minutes from the hotel where the press conference is being held and was going to go for fun, but it's press only. Don't know where I can get some press credentials at the last minute.

I agree it would be big news, but it would also be anti-climactic. Half the fun of these legends, myths and tales is NOT knowing what the answer is. Sort of like finding out there's no Santa... you can still enjoy Christmas, but somehow, it just ain't the same!

Don

The skeptic in me doesn't trust this any more than any of the other hyped up "discoveries". However...

When the first platypus body arrived in Europe, it was believed to be a fake and a scam portrayed by hacking together the body of several different animals.

The giant squid was seen over and over again for centuries without any hard physical evidence to support the far fetched claims of sailors. Much of the scientific world dismissed those claims until in the last decade when they have been caught on video and physically captured. Now there have been hundreds of verifiable sightings and there is no doubt that the species exists.

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~Socrates.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I think it would be good if it were true. If the story is true, then I'm surprised we hadn't found a body before. After all if there is one, then there is more. I've often thought that reason we hadn't found them was perhaps the bodies were being buried by "Bigfeet" themselves away from us.

Just hope that Bigfoot's family & friends don't come crashing the conference wanting to give their buddy a proper burial...which sounds like a plot to one of those horrid Sci-Fi channel movies like Mansquito or Night of the Poodles.:em2300:

Top Bottom