What's new

Bevel

I heard about this on the radio, though i didn't hear about what the "shaving system" was specifically. I was thinking, "Why not just go with a safety razor?" I went to the site today, and that's what it is :) I guess safety razor sales will get a bump (pun totally intended). Nice to see some large scale marketing going to help people get a better shave, especially when the status quo is not working for them.

Scott

Interesting, wonder if marketing to a specific user group will hurt their sales overall? I'll be interested in learning more about the razor itself.

Black men have problems with razor bumps and ingrown hairs with multi-blade razors that cut below the skin surface. I would think most already know about DE shaving if they have issues but this company is designed to market them into the DE world if not already there.
EDIT: There's that shave powder too, but just seems wrong. I used that stuff to remove ear hair from my dog, I would never use it on myself.

Mark did a nice review, and it looks like the whole line us pretty good. I'm glad to see a decent product and not just slick marketing.

Scott

As a follow up to this discussion I would like to mention that the Bevel razor has earned a place in my "short rotation" (though I don't think anything will break me of my Merkur Progress habit). The razor head is well designed and relatively mild so it pairs well with high performance blades (like a Polsilver Iridium). The brush has held up well. The Bevel blades, the pre-shave and the shave cream get a "meh" from me--not bad but not very inspired. The aftershave has a little menthol so it's mildly cooling, which I find nice on hot summer days here in TX.

I see no place where one can simply buy the razor only w/o the kit.
Bevel tried that for a short time as an experiment but the price was unacceptable to most people so they quit doing it. The price for the entire kit is a pretty good deal though (IMO). You just have to remember to "pause" the subscription or they'll keep sending you refills of the blades and "software."

As a follow up to this discussion I would like to mention that the Bevel razor has earned a place in my "short rotation"

The price for the entire kit is a pretty good deal though (IMO). You just have to remember to "pause" the subscription or they'll keep sending you refills of the blades and "software."

I also bought the kit. The razor is a very nice design. I paused the subscription, and later called them and cancelled any further supplies. Very nice folks to work with. The razor handle is different, but there has been no problem with grip or slippery feelings. I like it. The brush is usable, but is sidelined because I already have lots of others. It will more than likely be PIF'd soon. Pre-shave oil was a touch thick for me, but works. Aftershave balm did all you could ask, and is a nice mild tingle and smell. The shaving cream did nothing for me, but again, is probably because I have others already in my history. Their subscription plan might not appeal to some (most shaving cranks can tell you when their favorite supplies are on sale in Turkey or Kentucky ;-) ) .. but where I live, there are no blades or decent software within a few hundred miles. I applaud their efforts and marketing!

At $60 it includes a razor, brush, pre shave oil, shaving cream and restoring balm (never used this stuff, but it can't hurt). That's not a bad deal, i might have to order one of these.

i do like the way the razor looks.

Top Bottom