What's new

Best soap for fragrance and lather

In your opion, what soap not cream, has the best combination of FRAGRANCE and LATHER. I bowl lather . Please describe the fragrance .I now use honeybees,proraso and arko.I am looking for something different to satisfy my SAD. NO TABAC!:drool:

Hmmm, well fragrance is pretty subjective- maybe if you'd say what sort of frag you like? Do you like clean scents, or woody, or florals, citrusy, etc? Mike's Natural Soaps are really good latherers, and he has enough scents that you should be able to find something you like. If you want a specific recommendation, maybe narrow the range of scents you like for us, then it'll be easier.

I just tried d.r. Harris Arlington, and I have to say, it's got a great clean scent and awesome lather. MWF is good for the clean scent also... Sterling soaps don't lather as easily for me, but the scents are great, and you can't beat the price point.

Hmmm, well fragrance is pretty subjective- maybe if you'd say what sort of frag you like? Do you like clean scents, or woody, or florals, citrusy, etc? Mike's Natural Soaps are really good latherers, and he has enough scents that you should be able to find something you like. If you want a specific recommendation, maybe narrow the range of scents you like for us, then it'll be easier.
clean and citrusy

AdP - clean, citrusy and a great lather. Also, I really like the rosemary/lavender scent and awesome lather of MdC. Irisch Moos also gives Arko/Tabac-like quality with a cleaner scent.

Scent is subjective though, as is lather, I've found.

The best scents that I've personally encountered (in a soap) are from Mike's Natural Soaps. I'd be hard pressed to describe them as anything but fresh, real (as in, no hint of artifice) and not overly done. Good lather too, but (I think) the scent outdoes the lather.

Last edited:
+1 on the MWF soap. When you get the lather right, it is really thick. And I love the laundry fresh scent.

TOBS Jermyn Street

This is how they describe the scent on their site: (of their fragrance, but the soap smells the same)

"A modern fresh fougere fragrance with bergamot, lemon, lime and lavender supported by a heart of geranium, neroli and amber resting on a substantive base of musk, patchouli and vanilla."

The best scents that I've personally encountered (in a soap) are from Mike's Natural Soaps. I'd be hard pressed to describe them as anything but fresh, real (as in, no hint of artifice) and not overly done. Good lather too, but (I think) the scent outdoes the lather.
+1 mike's soaps have worked great for me and I love the scents.

+1 on Mike's natural soaps. They have the best, most natural scents I've found. I recommend picking up a full set of samples. They're inexpensive, you get to find the scents your really like and I'm still working through the first sample in the bottom of my shaving mug so you get a lot of shaves out of each sample. For example the rose and cedar - a sample I ordered just to give it a shot thinking it would be just okay - surprised me and it's amazing. I plan to pick up a nice variety of tins (so I can get my shaving mug back) once I'm through with the samples. I use a boar brush and they lather up nicely.

Top Bottom