What's new

best place to buy online?

Gift card for cologne? Best deals? Don't think the two go hand-in-hand. WalMart? But you might try some of the more brick and mortar outlets like L'Occitane. However, the "best deals" are going to be website discounters, and, they do have discounts in price and shipping - some pretty regularly. Maybe fragrancenet, scentiments, beautyencounter, parfum1. Take a look at those.

Last edited:
For frags, Fragrancenet is fairly well thought of over at Basenotes. They offer some good deals on Creed. Their rep is that they deal with authentic juice; no stories of fakes with them.

The bad news about them, they are known for shoddy packaging. For an e-tailer that ships bottles, it's like monkeys pack them. I got a one oz bottle of Creed for Christmas that came in a box the size of show box with very little internal packing material.

Aha!! Found it!! TJ Maxx has gift cards, and, depending on what is available there at the time, they do have some good deals on overstocked/discontinued fragrances. And, if they have a gift card, I would bet Marshall's does as well. And you might see if the JC Penney's gift card works at their Sephora outlets. Oh, these are not online places! And, so that you don't think I was being sarcastic, WalMart is where my wife and I go for Wind Song and several other reformulated "oldies".

Last edited:
thanks for the suggestions. funny story, i was telling the lady at belk that i liked perry ellis 360 and she said "oh so its been a while" lol. i dont mind buying from department store or wherever really, i dont really have a budget for the expensive stuff right now anyway

There are a lot of people in here who can't or won't spend a lot on frags.

Many of the fairly current department store frags can be had online for a lot less.

My top recommendation for guys in here right now is YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme. You can get it for $20 through Amazon. It's in my view a very B&B friendly scent and a freaking bargain at that price. This one's a winner. Young men like it. Old men like it. Women like it.

Guerlain Vetiver, a classic is $40 through Amazon. Terre D'Hermes, a recently introduced frag that is highly regarded is $58.

These are all great, traditional "manly man" scents. They are all above being "in" or "out" or "dated."

Caron makes three great ones: Third Man, Pour Un Homme and Yatagan. These are a bit trickier to wear but are fantastically designed and reasonably priced.

Don't take my word for anything. Poke around in this forum and read some cologne reviews. DON'T look on eBay.

Fragrance is major YMMV. Sample first if you can.

But we will step you up from Perry Ellis 360.

Last edited:
yeah i was thinking amazon might be the easiest. although this fragrancenet actually has a large handful of samples too, but they are hard to find

There's an online retailer called The Perfumed Court that has samples of most scents. Probably all the recs I gave you can be ordered through them in small sample sizes pretty reasonably. You don't show a location, so I don't know if there are retailers nearby you can try.

We're big on sampling here Hubble. None of us want you hating our guts cuz something we recommended didn't sit well with you.

badgerdecants another source.

The fellas in here are real big on Penhaligons which get a little pricey for some budgets. But they are excellent and worth the money IMO. Read up on them too.

And then there are some of us that have spent more on frags than any other part of our shave kit... :whistling:

Listen to StylinLA - he's got some good advice for you.

I got some really fine decants from mudassir at basenotes. He has a huge collection of colognes in various amounts. He also was quite prompt in shipping.

I just ordered a cologne from fragrancex and have been very pleased with their service. I highly recommend them for their prices and their selection.

Jeff

thanks again for all the info.

i decided to go with fragrancenet.com, they have just enough sample vials that im interested in and they sell gift certs. granted not all the fragrances i picked out are super high end, but its all stuff that i havent tried or am interested in.

Top Bottom