What's new

Best place to buy a Merkur HD ?

Hi everyone,

I am looking to buy a Merkur HD online (I can't find one where I live). The problem is that on a lot of websites, like classicshaving.com, they have been out of stock for quite some time. I also checked other websites like Lee's razors, but the prices are pretty high and the shipping fees are almost 20$ (I live in Canada).

Does anyone know a website that sells them (and has them in stock) with low shipping fees for Canadian customers?

Thank you for the help.

Canadian retailers will sell, when in stock, an HD for about 50% more than you'll see it at the vendors you mentioned.

I bought one from VB a few months ago, then I found one on ebay for about 30 dollars including about $5 worth of blades. I snapped it up. (It has since been traded to another member here.)

I'd check out 3 or 4 retailers. I'd also call Lee and ask for the "B&B discount." He gives fantastic service. Charles at qedusa.com may have some, even though they are not on his webpage. His webpage is difficult, but his customer service by email is remarkable.

I like buying from QED, Vintage Blades, and Lee's razors because shipping can be reasonable IF you combine items, and they each have a nice broad offering. (They often ship at cost with no handling whereas the few Canadian online retailers are like our government and banks - they get you coming and going.)

Where are you in Ontario? I need a bottle of Floris JF cologne. If you buy one from Jim for me, I'd consider meeting up with you and sharing the shipping.:biggrin:

Paul

This fellow use to sell Merkur HDs and he is located in Canada - I don't see any for sale right now. You might want to contact him and ask. He has really good prices.

http://stores.ebay.ca/The-Classic-Shaving-Store

With Canadian retailers, make sure the shipping and handling isn't really their profit. In fact, on EVERYthing, check the total price paid.

I don't think there was duty on mine.

Another thought ... in the BST forum, you're bound to get a gently used one if you ask. They are quite common. And used items can be legally shipped as "gifts' (no duty!) I have been told.

Paul

This fellow use to sell Merkur HDs and he is located in Canada - I don't see any for sale right now. You might want to contact him and ask. He has really good prices.
http://stores.ebay.ca/The-Classic-Shaving-Store

Hello,

We do not sell Merkur razors on EBay anymore. Actually, we'll most likely close the EBay store soon.
We moved most of the inventory on: www.fendrihan.com
We are working on a piece of software that will allow us to offer discounts to B&B members. It should be ready soon. The discount will be 10% on all items.
Regarding the shipping charges: all shipping charges on www.fendrihan.com are calculated using Canada-Post automated software, NO handling fees are added. However, due to requirements set by credit card companies, we do ship only through methods that provide tracking number and insurance, no exceptions.

Regards,
Alfred

Canadian retailers will sell, when in stock, an HD for about 50% more than you'll see it at the vendors you mentioned.

I bought one from VB a few months ago, then I found one on ebay for about 30 dollars including about $5 worth of blades. I snapped it up. (It has since been traded to another member here.)

I'd check out 3 or 4 retailers. I'd also call Lee and ask for the "B&B discount." He gives fantastic service. Charles at qedusa.com may have some, even though they are not on his webpage. His webpage is difficult, but his customer service by email is remarkable.

I like buying from QED, Vintage Blades, and Lee's razors because shipping can be reasonable IF you combine items, and they each have a nice broad offering. (They often ship at cost with no handling whereas the few Canadian online retailers are like our government and banks - they get you coming and going.)

Where are you in Ontario? I need a bottle of Floris JF cologne. If you buy one from Jim for me, I'd consider meeting up with you and sharing the shipping.:biggrin:

Paul

I live in Quebec :p

Thank you everyone for the information:001_smile

Top Bottom