What's new

Besides B&M Seville, what is the best barbershop scent?

I never viewed Seville as a barbershop scent per se. After all, it smells a lot like their Latha Limon they discontinued. To me, the best barbershop scent is the third & latest incarnation of Omega soap in the tub (not the cream in the tube) as it smells like the old Erasmic soap (when it had tallow & was good) which was a barbershop standard for ages in the past. Just my 2 cents.

I never viewed Seville as a barbershop scent per se. After all, it smells a lot like their Latha Limon they discontinued. To me, the best barbershop scent is the third & latest incarnation of Omega soap in the tub (not the cream in the tube) as it smells like the old Erasmic soap (when it had tallow & was good) which was a barbershop standard for ages in the past. Just my 2 cents.

Interesting. I always heard Omega smelled much like Proraso. Is that the older version?

I love the scent of Seville. I also love the scent of Declaration’s Bandwagen. My two favorite barbershops.

When I was a boy and my Dad got his haircut (us too) and a shave I loved the Bay Rum scent he had on the way home. Bay Rum and Old Spice are still my favorite. The old time barber shops had a wonderful odor that would be hard to duplicate. In the shop would be shelves with customers shaving mugs, my Dads was a red and white striped mug.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
When I was a boy and my Dad got his haircut (us too) and a shave I loved the Bay Rum scent he had on the way home. Bay Rum and Old Spice are still my favorite. The old time barber shops had a wonderful odor that would be hard to duplicate. In the shop would be shelves with customers shaving mugs, my Dads was a red and white striped mug.
Amen. Great post.

My favorite barbershop soaps right now are CBL’s and Jeeves of Hudson Street’s barbershops. They lather excellently and pair great with classic barbershop AS like Fine AB and Barbasol.

Best is subjective........but my favorites in that genre as far as scent are:

-Mike's Natural Barbershop
-CBL Barbershop
-WSP Formula T Barbershop
-Soap Commander Honor
-Stirling Barbershop

The title says it all. Seville is great but looking for alternatives. Thanks.[/QUOTE

I really love the scent of "Irving Park" - From Oleo Soaps... One of my favorite scents for shave soap. My daughter lives in Chicago area and near the Irving Park exit off of the train. My last visit there, I was shopping at Smallflower an picked up a tub of it, wow it is nice. A very light barbershop scent, very clean. They claim it has the scent of the YSL cologne, Rive Gauche. I would not know as I do not have that cologne.
I would also agree that Bandwagon is another very nice Barbershop type scent.

I vote Fine American Blend - closest I can find to what I regard as barbershop. And, it’s a great performer too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+2 on Jeeves.

Also, Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool, Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber, Oleo Windy City Barbershop, PAA CaD and Shannon's Soaps Barbershop are all pretty good.

I have some Noble Otter BarrBarr and Summer Break Picture Day that I need to try prior to providing an opinion.

My favorite is Mickey Lee "The Kraken" even though it's not a true barbershop scent. I like the barbershop x aqua mix.

The splash smells more barbershoppy to me. The soap smells soapy. The combo is great though.

Mike's was too sweet for me.

Top Bottom