What's new

Benton Clay "mystery pen" purchase

Don't forget to rinse well after cleaning and dry it well before loading it. I tend to be a bit impatient with this part and have, on occasion, had somewhat 'weak' ink because there was still some water in the feed when I loaded it... :blush:

I haven't received mine yet-- I'm hoping that they haven't gotten lost in the mail!

My Shakespeare pen walked away the other day so hopefully one of those butterscotch beauties is in my package.

Still waiting on mine as well. How many business days did it take most of you all to receive your orders? I guess these are coming from Canada(?) and I don't know how long that would take. I'm in the southwest. I was really hoping they would arrive yesterday because now they won't even be moved until Tuesday...

I ordered mine on the 6th after 6pm and they arrived yesterday, so including weekends, it took about 8 days (and BC obviously couldn't ship until the 8th, so it was really only 6 days).

But CanadaPost is the most inconsistent shipper I've ever dealt with.
I had some scuba hoses take 2 months to get here.

I ordered mine on the 6th after 6pm and they arrived yesterday, so including weekends, it took about 8 days (and BC obviously couldn't ship until the 8th, so it was really only 6 days).

Thanks for the info Rich. They will arrive eventually I suppose.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks for the info Rich. They will arrive eventually I suppose.

Getting things from Canada can be a bit of a pain, to be sure. That being said, Benton Clay has a soap called Vetiver Paradisi- the soap has an amazing scent, and is the only melt and pour that jazzes me.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I just showed my wife, she shook her head an just walked off...she didn't say no though

well really a shake of the head and a nod of the head really just come down the to direction the head moves, so really she just gave me a horizontal head nod. In the southern regions of northern Turkmenistan this actually means yes...Great I'm going onto Ebay

" ... but dear, I honestly thought you were Bulgarian ... "

http://travelogue.travelvice.com/bulgaria/the-bulgarian-no-nod/

I received mine today! Very excited to have one of those nice 'butterscotch' pens in my package!

Interestingly enough - these are my first pens with a squeeze-type converter. It took me a minute to realize how to fill them!

Thanks Benton Clay!!!

Still no luck.. My shipment number was recieved on the 12th. So I think I still have a few more days. Geographically it's not far!!
My Goulet order shipped today, and Virginia is just right next door so I should get that soon :001_tt1: I was enthralled when I received a large envelope in my mailbox today.. No pens :(

I ordered my 'mystery pens' last Wednesday and have been eagerly anticipating their arrival. Well I guess Benton must be backed up or something because the electronic shipping notice was only created late today. Not thrilled by that. He did reply to an e-mail I sent within just a few minutes, so I'm a bit confused. I guess I can expect them sometime mid to late next week most likely.

I ordered my 'mystery pens' last Wednesday and have been eagerly anticipating their arrival. Well I guess Benton must be backed up or something because the electronic shipping notice was only created late today. Not thrilled by that. He did reply to an e-mail I sent within just a few minutes, so I'm a bit confused. I guess I can expect them sometime mid to late next week most likely.
That sucks, I got a conformation email about 10mins after paying. But I'm in Australia so you'll still probably get them before me.

COME ON PEOPLE PHOTOS PLEASE!!
'

Got an email this morning. Apparently my 'e-check' only cleared yesterday so its paypal's fault. Piece of crap service...

Doesn't appear the seller was slow in this case.

Inconsistent in an understatment
I had two packages ..both form the US (same region)
Ordered 2 weeks apart
Both arrived the same day

I ordered a tablet from Bestbuy it took almost 3 weeks from Missisauga
An average order from Italian Barber usually takes less 8 days from the same area

Last edited:
Got a lengthy email from them today explaining what happened exactly (classy for a business that is probably busy right now). Apparently PayPal didn't pay by credit card like I thought (just got a new one and I don't think it was updated correctly) so it drew from my bank and this is treated as a check. PayPal won't LET them print shipping info till this clears. Grrr. Not at all Benton clay's fault here though, so kudos to him.

Top Bottom