What's new

Belt

B

bluefoxicy

I destroyed my belt today.

The head popped off while trying to buckle it. The metal just... broke.

So, I had a straight, flat strip of leather, black on one side and brown on the other, with a simple buckle.

I'm thinking of going the simple route, something an inch wide and just... flat, smooth, and decent. No sparkly bling, no interesting engravings, no amazingly complex belt buckles in the shape of Aerosmith's logo plated with gold, just a belt.

I think belts are best noticed when they're missing, and otherwise nothing spectacular. This is right?

I own this belt and wear it almost every day. I also own a similar belt in brown to wear with brown shoes. I've never felt the need to buy another.

proxy.php

B

bluefoxicy

I own this belt and wear it almost every day. I also own a similar belt in brown to wear with brown shoes. I've never felt the need to buy another.

proxy.php

Yeah that's the kind of thing I'm thinking. Simple, to-the-point, the buckle's not a pirate wheel or a skull or Harley Davidson logo or embroidered in gold and jewels, etc.

If someone compliments you on your belt, it's too gawdy.

I disagree. I have a couple very minimalistic belts that have garnered a number of complements, and they are far from "gawdy." Belts can also add a bit of personality in a very subtle way.

Top Bottom