What's new

Beer of the day - BOTD - 2024

A couple more shots from last night’s dinner (with a Lindeman’s Framboise Lambic:

Attachments

• IMG_9307.jpeg
    IMG_9307.jpeg
    919.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9304.jpeg
    IMG_9304.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
A couple of different ones. First, from Ursa Minor Brewing, Duluth, MN....

20240113_185626.jpg

I wanted to try this one and compare it to Sam Smith's. While I love it, I think Sam Smith's runs a little sweet. Ursa's had a bit more balance in its presentation, and a higher ABV at 7.5%. More expensive per ounce, too.

The Hamm's post brought back some memories... the ads especially; I really remember them from AM radio broadcasts when my dad used to listen to the Minnesota Twins games on the weekend. For me, it was a reminder not to dismiss the brewers in your area that you wouldn't consider "craft"....

20240113_164755.jpg

After Yuengling, August Schell is the second oldest brewing family in the US. They brew your mainstream American ales/lagers (Grain Belt, Nordeast). This seasonal offering explores rye as a brewing element. Very interesting; a mild, subtle bready note on the nose. rocky head, and a full/rich palate delivery, slightly bitter from the rye malt, but definitely good.

Daura (best gluten free beer, with many awards--not just my word). Slightly more alcohol than a Bud. 🍺

View attachment 1779596
I know this may get strange looks (dunno), but there are SO many GF beers on the market these days.

Then again, does anyone here drink Snake Venom beer? I believe that is THE most alcoholic of all beers at something like 68% ABV (compared with the usual 5%). :yikes: Anyone?

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 10.20.18.png

Then again, does anyone here drink Snake Venom beer? I believe that is THE most alcoholic of all beers at something like 68% ABV (compared with the usual 5%). :yikes: Anyone?

Eeeh.... no thanks. Dogfish Head's World Wide Stout is the strongest I've had. I thought it was pretty unpleasant.

This one's been discussed here before:

At least some guy got the opportunity to post a Youtube video about something :cuppa:.

Eeeh.... no thanks. Dogfish Head's World Wide Stout is the strongest I've had. I thought it was pretty unpleasant.

This one's been discussed here before:

At least some guy got the opportunity to post a Youtube video about something :cuppa:.
Eggenberg‘s Samichlaus Classic @14% for me.

EFAA58E5-BBC7-4EDA-A82C-C28B51B1FD7F.jpeg

Wow. Never heard of this beer (not a big beer boozer here); I read that they age it for 10 months before bottling. 👈🏼 😋
They only brew it once a year on December 6th and offer it the year after, so 10 months sounds about right. Once bottled it will keep for several years.

20240116_090335.jpg

I learned 3 things with this one:

1. What Total Wine charges for a single can/bottle is obscene and almost criminal.

2. Einstock still makes great beers. I've only tried their dark/heavy offerings; this is their holiday doppelbock. Nice bready quality on the nose, rich, full palate sensation with lingering chocolate. Just right with the hops.

3. I must be getting some pretty sturdy sea legs. The 6.7% ABV on this one had very little effect on me.

Top Bottom