What's new

Beautiful Fragrance Sample From Hermès

Hope you went to barneys too they have the best niche in town.

I've been afraid to step into Barney's because I know they have many wonderful, and top dollar, niche fragrances.

It was bad enough when I went to Neiman Marcus this week to try a sample of Guerlain Vetiver. Lots of temptation in that store, too.

Living as close as I do to Michigan Avenue can be very dangerous.

Nick

I'll share my experience in detail just for the hell of it.

This was about a year or so ago.
I had shopped at Barney's and bought a fragrance (don't remember which). So I walked into Hermes wanting to sample Ambre Narguille, which gets a lot of hype from the basenotes crowd. I walked in and asked about it, and sampled it. Tried a few others. Told here I wasn't prepared to make a purchase at that time (the prices are high) and the saleswoman was very cool. She made no push for a purchase whatsoever and said I could have 2 samples of the type showed by ND. I picked the Ambre and also Vetiver Tonka. She gave me her card in event I wanted to purchasse later. Awesome customer service as I would expect at a high end boutique like Hermes.

With the amount they gave me, I didn't see a point to buy a bottle anytime soon.

I just assumed the reason I got those big sampled was that I came in like a $ whale with the Barney's bag in my hand, showing I was a legit spender and also because I specifically asked about the Ambre Narguile which made me seen educated on Hermes. LOL.

Hermes have always done nice bottles, I got these free samples when I bought a bottle of Hermes Voyage, have to say they are too nice to use.

proxy.php

just to hop in and say poivre does last quite a bit longer, its just the type of fragrance that creates nasal fatigue very easily. I know its a light fragrance and all, but to others - you still project for a few hours even if you cant smell it yourself

hermes, despite some recent quality issues, still does know how to make a great presentation though!

Top Bottom