What's new

Beard Trimming Scissors

I use a pair of 7" Barber shears ... this keeps my goatee and sideburns in line between haircuts.

7" is a bit large for the job, though. If I were going out to buy a new pair, I would get something like a 5" pair. There is a brand of scissors I've seen called "Fromm" that you can find at beautician supply stores, the pair I saw was around $25. The action on these is outstanding, when the salesgirl demonstrated them for me, I could actually _HEAR_ the difference compared to other brands.

Last edited:
I use a pair of 7" Barber shears ... this keeps my goatee and sideburns in line between haircuts.

7" is a bit large for the job, though. If I were going out to buy a new pair, I would get something like a 5" pair."

I agree heartily! I've been using a 7" pair of German made scissors for a while now, and though they have fine action and cut without pulling, I'd gladly trade them for a 5" pair. They're just too unwieldy under my neck. Have to be very careful not to lop off a chunk of ear sometimes! And don't go cheap on these! Get a good pair of European or Japanese made ones. If you go cheap, you'll just toss them out in a week anyway! Been there, have that T-shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple pairs of Hoffritz that have stayed sharp for about 30 years but I don't use them often and only line up my moustache. I have some nice Andis Professional clippers (with a set of spacers) that I use for everything else.

I use a relatively inexpensive pair of thread trimming scissors from the local Joanne Fabrics. They came plenty sharp, and are the perfect size for me on the beard, mustache, and sideburns.

Cheap made in China 6" stainless steel Wahl barbers shears. I have been using them for years still work great.

I recently broke the plastic handle on my old cheapo pair of scissors. So I picked up this little nifty set made by Dovo in Germany.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My Seki Edge scissors arrived. My first thought was "these look a bit flimsy." But never having owned "proper" mustache scissors I thought "let's see how you feel about them in a few days."

Several days later I must say, they're great! The positioning of the thumb and finger rings, and the finger rest, is perfect. Talk about fitting like a glove! (I have slightly bigger than average hands but I would guess that they'd feel just right for most sizes.)
They measure 4.9" from the tips to the end of the finger rest.
upload_2018-6-10_0-28-47.png

Please excuse the odd angle I've taken them at. The blades are longer than they appear on the photo. I tried to highlight the serrations on the outside cutting edge but they're too fine for the resolution of my smartphone camera... whatever, they work a treat.

One happy customer here, and I expect that I'll be investing in more Seki Edge stuff. :001_cool:

Top Bottom