What's new

Banned from Teachat?

I have been banned from Teachat. No explanation and really uncertain as to why. My last post was a query as to what Nannuo was. A guy named Tim gave a sarcastic response and Salsero gave a good one. I said, "thanks Salsero (not Tim)" and then asked another question. Meant it as funny but I guess not. Now I am completely expurged from the site....no explaination, no nothing. Wow

Thank goodness for B&B :smile:

If I understand correctly teachat is part of Adagio teas. So they can pretty much do as they please if they feel that you have violated their forum guidelines, etiquette, or terms of service. It's like if you created a forum, hosted it on your site, and you decided to boot someone.

Sure, it would have been nice if someone had sent you a warning, or a private message explaining, but it's all at their discretion.

Oh I understand. You are right. I have actually been very impressed with Adagio hosting a forum with so little intrusion.

I feel bad. I like the site and thought of myself as a good participant. My response was snippy, and I regret saying it. Do not think it rises to the level of being booted and all my previous posts removed.

I have been banned from Teachat. No explanation and really uncertain as to why. My last post was a query as to what Nannuo was. A guy named Tim gave a sarcastic response and Salsero gave a good one. I said, "thanks Salsero (not Tim)" and then asked another question. Meant it as funny but I guess not. Now I am completely expurged from the site....no explaination, no nothing. Wow

Thank goodness for B&B :smile:

Moderators can make or break a site. You need people with a good sense of humor to do your modding, and they should never be given the right to ban people that aren't obvious spammers. Kudos for the mods here at B&B for being such sarcastic bastards. :lol:

There was a site upgrade starting last evening. Some accounts (including the posts) didn't make it through (at least 2 regular users that I'm aware of). They're working on it, if this seems to fit your experience you should be able to log onto chat as anon and ping an admin.

Last edited:
There was a site upgrade starting last evening. Some accounts (including the posts) didn't make it through (at least 2 regular users that I'm aware of). They're working on it, if this seems to fit your experience you should be able to log onto chat as anon and ping an admin.

Thanks guys. I hope so. It does seem to fit my experience.

As to talking bad about other blogs or others....seems like good advice for this forum and others as well. I do feel nice and snuggly here though :rolleyes:

Just got an email from Ilya, a moderator at Teachat. It is all a big snafu. I am not banned, just misplaced :smile:

Still haven't been re-activated. The moderators have been very helpful. Word of warning before doing an upgrade here like they did there....don't!

Top Bottom