What's new

Baili Super Stainless Steel Blade (BP001)

IMG_20210917_183549.jpgIMG_20210917_183623.jpg

I had one of these blades that had come with a Baili razor, and decided to give it a try.

I only shaved once so far, but this blade feels super soft on the face, it is sharp, and left me with a glass-like BBS. No nicks or irritation either. It reminded me of Crystals.

I checked the Baili website and they claim that the blades are made of Japanese steel.

I have not seen much discussion about them here, was wondering if they are getting any love by other people.

Interesting. I have two of these I never dared to try. The bad part is that on Aliexpress, these blades are ridiculously overpriced. Scratch that, most DE blades sold on there are overpriced.

I did manage to find a 100 pcs pack of Astra SPs on there at decent price from a Turkish vendor, but that's about it.

I have also tried the BP003 model in the past, reported to be made with Indian steel and having a hardness of HV700, which was quite decent. Not quite as sharp as the BP001, but it did the job without endangering my face.

I had my second shave with this blade yesterday, felt a tad bit sharper than the first time, and gave me a glass-like BBS again.

This is really good stuff.

Third shave in, blade still going strong, hasn't even developed any surface stains, looks brand new.

Glad I bought 50 of those for under 3 euros in a sale (well, under the HAWARD brand, but I can tell zero difference), they are superb to have in the rotation.

Fourth shave in yesterday, no noticeable deterioration.

If I have to point out a negative thing, I could say that perhaps the blade may feel too mild for some people, that is, even though it is very sharp, it does not have any "bite" to it and does not feel like it gives a deep shave. Of course, the end result is indeed a deep shave, but you may have to work just a little bit extra for some trouble spots (e.g., under the chin).

IMG_20211006_205727.jpg

Top Bottom