What's new

Backwoods appreciation thread

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Really digging these cigars. Have tried the originals, Honey Bourbon, Russian Cream. Gotta say I really like the Honey Bourbon. It’s just a simple relaxing cigar for a quiet evening around the fire. There seem to be about 8 different flavors. I will try them all.

E1DC73FB-BA62-4D03-AA55-BA2D6FC3161F.jpeg
622ED198-97D2-4E60-A6FE-125BA6532602.jpeg

3F4B9966-D679-4669-BE38-29E833348A49.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I don’t have much luck finding them close to home. I pass through a few towns on the way to work and found a store that sold them all.

I'd rather have a pipe or a real cigar, but these are kinda nice, if you're in a hurry. Cheap, easy to find (almost every liquor store and gas station where I live) and tasty, assuming you like flavored tobacco. I enjoy the Russian Cream on occasion myself.

I find them enjoyable enough when sitting around a camp or campfire, once in a while. Those are some flavors I haven't seen/tried yet. If I bump into them on my way to my next camp out, I may pick some up, even.

I used to like these for backpacking or other outdoors activities that were less friendly to premium cigars. Currently I am enjoying Villiger cigars for that purpose, but might revisit backwoods again thanks to this thread.

I did grab a pack of the mild and sweet variety for last weekend while we were camping. They do hit the spot nicely in that situation, no doubt.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I like them when I am feeling like the Man With No Name. Eastwood supposedly hated smoking, which helped with his on camera scowl.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Backwoods cigars were a transitional cigar for me when I first entered the Navy back in 1999. Before that, my first "cigar" was a Captain Black one when my friend got married in '96. In '99, one of my Navy classmates introduced me to the Backwoods brand and I found them to be quite good. Fast forward a few months and my next duty station was in Italy and from there I moved to more traditional, non-flavored cigars (particularly Cubans). In all honest, I do not think I've had a Backwoods cigar since 1999. Maybe it's time to buy a packet the next time I'm at the gas station.

R/
Dave

Top Bottom