What's new

AVG AntiVirus reports an infected connection

I'm using AVG AntiVirus Free. When I'm connected to Badger & Blade, AVG is reporting an attempt to connect from , which is infected with a botnet.

This just started today, I think. It's happening with two other previously-good websites I use. So it could be a problem with AVG, or it could be a problem with ap.lijit.com being very aggressive in infecting the world.

Could you check it out, please ?

Thanks --

. Charles

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm using AVG AntiVirus Free. When I'm connected to Badger & Blade, AVG is reporting an attempt to connect from , which is infected with a botnet.

This just started today, I think. It's happening with two other previously-good websites I use. So it could be a problem with AVG, or it could be a problem with ap.lijit.com being very aggressive in infecting the world.

Could you check it out, please ?

Thanks --

. Charles

I tried opening the link in Firefox but, despite allowing it four times, UBlock wouldnt allow it. I suspect you have a BHO (Browser Hijack Object) active and thats why you're getting the redirect.

I'd suggest turning off or uninstalling AVG Free and running a scan with this tool.

Also free and it works well.

Top Bottom