What's new

Astor Blades

Astor or Astra?

Many people, not all, like the Astra blades. They're made in Russia, are sharp, individually wrapped, with four large glue spots in the corners on one side to help keep them in the paper during wrapping. Some Astra fans consider these glue spots to be the blades' one downside. In addition to eBay you can get Astras from any number of vendors who have a presence on B&B, check the shopping section.

The Astors I'm unfamiliar with, although I see a number of them for sale on 'Bay.

Has anyone heard of these blades? Found them on eBay $24 for 100. Are they any good?

If they are ASTRA, they are great blades ... the best I've found for all around use, they work well in every razor I've ever tried them in, and for all types of beard conditions. The only thing that shaves better is the Almighty Feather, but its finicky about where and when it wants to work.

But $24 is far too much to pay for a carton ... and there might be shipping on top of that? The last carton I bought was just $17 shipped.

I've been looking for the Bic version, and would also like to try the other if not the Bic. Does anyone know a source shipping to the US?

These blades are made in Greece. My father uses them since I can remember. My only experience with them was at the age of 17 when I was new to shaving and tried to shave using my dad's vintage 3-piece with a new Astor blade in it. It is a miracle I am still alive. Perhaps it was my inexperience, but I thought these things were murderous. It took me years to drop my Gillette and try wet shaving again. Since moving to Canada I have not used them. My dad swears by them and he has a tough beard, so they must be good.

Has anyone heard of these blades? Found them on eBay $24 for 100. Are they any good?

I am using this blades since mid 90's, when they came into the stores (I'm living in Romania) and they are the best choice for me. Actually two type of blades carry the name Astor, first are named Stainless an the other are named Platinum. Astor Stainless are thicker and not so sharp, Astor Platinum are more slim and very sharp (very!!).
Nowadays Astor Platinum are not to be found in shops in my country, but Platinum are - 5 blades for roughly half a dollar. So.. hope I've helped you.

Top Bottom