What's new

Are injector safety razors still being made?

I would recommend you go on daBay and get yourself a vintage Schick...solid workmanship, good-looking, and a great shaver!...

I have a few of these already. The model G I have is a really good razor, the D and E don't see much use.

I'd just like to see the injector style razors continue to be made.

Just to note that some L-series Schicks are sold as M-series non-adjustable, for example the M-24. Probably if I could find a Schick Injector in reasonable condition at a reasonable price I would buy it. But all I have seen on ebay so far have either grossly inflated prices or a grossly inflated shipping charge or both. Why should a Schick Injector cost more than, for example, a Gillette Tech D.E?

But the problem I have with all single edge razors including the Cobra, Mongoose and indeed the Schick Injector and Gem is that I would be locking myself into a system and that's why I left a cartridge system in the first place and went back to D.E!

But the problem I have with all single edge razors including the Cobra, Mongoose and indeed the Schick Injector and Gem is that I would be locking myself into a system and that's why I left a cartridge system in the first place and went back to D.E!

But isn't the DE razor a system as well, albeit a more popular one? By this logic your only choice would be a straight razor. :001_rolle

--Bob

Buy the original and you won't be disappointed

$image.jpg

But...a SR is also a system, no? A simple one, but a system nonetheless.:blink:

Considering all the work that goes into honing and stropping a cutthroat to keep it sharp enough to shave with, I dunno if "simple" is quite the right term.

Flipping the top up and slipping in a new blade with a fresh new edge be it DE or SE seems a lot simpler to me.

But yeah I'd have to agree it's just another "system" for shaving.

Last edited:
But...a SR is also a system, no? A simple one, but a system nonetheless.:blink:

In the context it was used here, "system" was referring to SE razors (and cartridge razors) requiring a specific blade type, which at some point might no longer be available - or at least that's how I interpreted it. Not having a replaceable blade, a straight would not be a "system" in this sense.

--Bob

Last edited:
Top Bottom