What's new

APShaveCo Cashmere Knot in Wild West Brushworks Custom Handle

I set the APShaveCo Cashmere knot into this handle I had made by a new guy at Wild West Brushworks. I will use it for the first time tomorrow. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_1546.JPG
    IMG_1546.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1547.JPG
    IMG_1547.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 94
The unique style and shape of the handle in those beautiful rich colors and sporting the lovely cashmere knot make a stunning effect! :thumbup:

Used the brush for the first time this morning... WOW! I love the Cashmere knot. I also really like the handle, fits perfectly in my hand.

That is a beauty of a handle.

Would you mind describing the characteristics of the Cashmere knot? If you have another synthetic, perhaps you could compare? I'm considering one.

That is a beauty of a handle.

Would you mind describing the characteristics of the Cashmere knot? If you have another synthetic, perhaps you could compare? I'm considering one.
It's quite different than any of my other synthetics. I have the razorock Plissoft Bruce handle, EJ silvertip fibre (size L), a Simpson Chubby 2 synthetic and a WSP synthetic silvertip. The Cashmere has the least backbone and splays the easiest. I face lather and had no problem with getting a great lather (3 passes and I lather a 4th time with what's left to condition my face). The Cashmere seems to hold more water than my other synthetics and is by FAR the softest, it felt like rubbing my face with silk! I loved it, for those who like some scritch, it might not be their cup of tea. I can't speak to heat retention as I cold water shave.
All in all, the Cashmere is a fantastic knot - if you pick one up I can't imagine you'd regret it.

Sweet brush!

I've been waiting to 'build' my APShaveCo 30mm Tuxedo knot and brush handle from Shavemac. Found out the handle will be delivered Wednesday! Already have the knot(thought about building a lather with it anyway but...)

marty

Sweet brush!

I've been waiting to 'build' my APShaveCo 30mm Tuxedo knot and brush handle from Shavemac. Found out the handle will be delivered Wednesday! Already have the knot(thought about building a lather with it anyway but...)

marty
That knot/handle combo sounds amazing. I thought long and hard about that knot, it will probably be the next one I get. I'll probably try the faux horse knot as well (though I would like it bigger than 22mm). Have fun with the new brush on Wednesday!

Top Bottom