What's new

Anyone use Super Pro blades with General

The General is a smooth razor. Right now I'm using Feather Pros but was wondering if the Super Pros would just kick the aggressiveness up just a smidgen.
Anyone us these blades in their General?

I used one today in the General for the first time. I'm not impressed with Artist Club blades.

My razor doesn't stop until I have BBS results. The Kai mild, Feather Pro and Pro super all take about the same amount of strokes to reach BBS. I can feel the Super more but that doesn't translate into efficiency.

My shave with a Postwar Tech with a Polsilver SI is as efficient or more efficient than the AC blades. Definitely smoother. My shave yesterday was smoother and just as efficient with a Schick L and Gillette TRAC II injector blade.

I have to put in work to get irritation free BBS results from either of them, I personally don't want to feel the blade. I believe my prep and lather gives me the options I have.

I gave my father-in-law my Hawk after a handful of shaves. It just was as smooth as my Postwar Tech or 48 Aristocrat and provided the same BBS results with basically the same amount of work and effort.

There's more blade feel, but no efficiency increase.

I used one today in the General for the first time. I'm not impressed with Artist Club blades.

My razor doesn't stop until I have BBS results. The Kai mild, Feather Pro and Pro super all take about the same amount of strokes to reach BBS. I can feel the Super more but that doesn't translate into efficiency.

My shave with a Postwar Tech with a Polsilver SI is as efficient or more efficient than the AC blades. Definitely smoother. My shave yesterday was smoother and just as efficient with a Schick L and Gillette TRAC II injector blade.

I have to put in work to get irritation free BBS results from either of them, I personally don't want to feel the blade. I believe my prep and lather gives me the options I have.

I gave my father-in-law my Hawk after a handful of shaves. It just was as smooth as my Postwar Tech or 48 Aristocrat and provided the same BBS results with basically the same amount of work and effort.

There's more blade feel, but no efficiency increase.
Thanks for doing this. I tend to like some blade feel and the General has none.

My experience was that the Super Pro generally felt more aggressive with more blade feel than the Pro in the General. It was more likely to produce weepers and/or irritation if I got careless or lost focus.

However, the shave wasn't any closer than with the Pro, so that is what I will continue to use with this razor.

The General with a Pro is pretty close to perfect for every day shaving.

--Bob

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom