What's new

Anyone use a cable 'raceway'?

Has anyone used cable raceways? Does the self-adhesive hold? Is it flexible or did you use inside and outside corners? If you had to cut it, did you buy the special cutter or just use a tinsnip? Does it ruin your woodwork upon removing it? I can't find much info abvout it's use, just the prices.
Thanks for any input, Sue

Sue, I can definately help you with this but it can be quite involved. If you would like, I can give you a call tomorrow.. Let me know which raceways you are looking at also if you don't mind, I am hesitant to recommend anything that uses velcro or adhesive. They should be screwed in place.

Panduit is the best around.. here is some info.. http://www.panduit.com/products/104561.asp

there are better ways to wire than using these tho...

Regards,

the other Sue... Mama Bear

I want to hide my cables from the cable outlet to the TV and the subwoofer wiing. The secondary cable outlet is dead and the ceiling below is finished. I have white woodwork so think little sections of white conduit on white woodwork betwen furniture will not be that noticable.

Who's dumb idea was it anyway to move everything? Oh yeah, now I remember. LOL
Sue

You can use the dead cable as a puller. Attach a fresh cable to the end and then pull it all the way through, you can then put the connectors onto the new cables and you have rewired it... If you want to pull other wires (telco, power etc.. you can do this the same way, tie them all together and use the bad cable to pull the new cables through. You can put a fancy wall plate there if you would like but everything else will be hidden. It is better to put the connectors on the cables after they have been pulled through. I can help with this also. I spent 20 years of my life working with AV wires...

If I am not understanding, please explain it again and accept my apologies.... I will help you to the best of my ability Sue, but I know cabling like you know soap, so we should be alright working together... :thumbup:

You can use the dead cable as a puller. Attach a fresh cable to the end and then pull it all the way through, you can then put the connectors onto the new cables and you have rewired it... If you want to pull other wires (telco, power etc.. you can do this the same way, tie them all together and use the bad cable to pull the new cables through. You can put a fancy wall plate there if you would like but everything else will be hidden. It is better to put the connectors on the cables after they have been pulled through. I can help with this also. I spent 20 years of my life working with AV wires...

If I am not understanding, please explain it again and accept my apologies.... I will help you to the best of my ability Sue, but I know cabling like you know soap, so we should be alright working together... :thumbup:

Just a suggestion as a tweak-

Use the old cable to pull a new piece of string or cord- Then pull your new wire with that! When you pull your new wire also pull in an extra piece of string(a drag) with it to leave in for next time.

My company installs business phone systems and data networks. I don't personally do installations. I will be back to work on Tuesday and will be glad to get you details when I get back to work. Our installers are real experts and are familiar with ever wiring situation.

Joe

Mark,
You don't have at least one subwoofer? My husband said they are a "Necessity". Is that not true?
Sue

Yes, two ~ for upstairs and one downstairs. Since they are necessities, it's always a good idea to have a spare. You never know where you'll be when a good movie starts.
Sue

Yes, two ~ for upstairs and one downstairs. Since they are necessities, it's always a good idea to have a spare. You never know where you'll be when a good movie starts.
Sue

Um, so are you saying my running the sound out the stock built-in tv speakers is not good audio? :frown:

We see how you are Mark.

Watch out Joanna. He's only after one thing. A subwoofer and probably tweeters too.
Sue

Adam,

No, didn't say that at all. The home theater speaker packages do deliver a quality not found in the built in speakers. For instance an aircraft sound will begin on one side or behind and then the sound 'feels' like it is going overhead and on. Raindrops, birds etc have a differnt brilliance. Or in action movies a boom of any kind is 'felt'. It would not be suitalbe for apartments or condos.

In my home it became a joke of "do you need it or do you want it"? My frugal husband said tha all of the time to our kids. When we watched a movie at our son's house with his new set up my husband decided that it was a "need it". Neeless to say, that saying bit the dust.

Sue

Adam,

No, didn't say that at all. The home theater speaker packages do deliver a quality not found in the built in speakers. For instance an aircraft sound will begin on one side or behind and then the sound 'feels' like it is going overhead and on. Raindrops, birds etc have a differnt brilliance. Or in action movies a boom of any kind is 'felt'. It would not be suitalbe for apartments or condos.

In my home it became a joke of "do you need it or do you want it"? My frugal husband said tha all of the time to our kids. When we watched a movie at our son's house with his new set up my husband decided that it was a "need it". Neeless to say, that saying bit the dust.

Sue

Sue, I figured so much... my previous comment was more a joking comment about my lack of surround sound or anything resembling it.

Top Bottom