What's new

Anyone Purchased from BrandsPlace?

$139 for a 4-oz bottle of GIT sets my caveat-emptor bell ringing at full volume.

Can't find any mention of that seller on B&B, which is another reason to be skeptical. Anyone have experience with this site?

Hmmmm ... those Amazon prices make me suspicious as well. Pretty new to this game, but I'm aware of the problem with counterfeit and past-their-prime "bargain-priced" scents.

Am I being realistic or paranoid?

It's a crap shoot. Bargain prices like this whether through Amazon or Walgreen's or some other discount retailer are probably through grey market channels. They may have been stored correctly, are relatively fresh and therefore, a steal, or they may not. If you want certainty, you will have to use established sellers and pay more.

Hmmmm ... those Amazon prices make me suspicious as well. Pretty new to this game, but I'm aware of the problem with counterfeit and past-their-prime "bargain-priced" scents.

Am I being realistic or paranoid?

Paranoid!

It's a crap shoot. Bargain prices like this whether through Amazon or Walgreen's or some other discount retailer are probably through grey market channels. They may have been stored correctly, are relatively fresh and therefore, a steal, or they may not. If you want certainty, you will have to use established sellers and pay more.

It is not a crap shoot at all. I have no idea why this argument arises every single time Amazon or some other retailer gets mentioned. Selling counterfeit goods is a federal offense. Amazon is an American company.....the country which has the FBI, IRS, etc. It is not based out of Nigeria. Massive corporations like Amazon are not going to take the risk over something as silly as a perfume. The idea that the only legitimate places to buy fragrances are fancy stores that sell them at full price is simply untrue.

It is not a crap shoot at all. I have no idea why this argument arises every single time Amazon or some other retailer gets mentioned. Selling counterfeit goods is a federal offense. Amazon is an American company.....the country which has the FBI, IRS, etc. It is not based out of Nigeria. Massive corporations like Amazon are not going to take the risk over something as silly as a perfume. The idea that the only legitimate places to buy fragrances are fancy stores that sell them at full price is simply untrue.

It's not an issue of counterfeiting, it's an issue of how the suppliers obtain the merchandise. In other words, I don't don't doubt what Amazon is selling is legitimate Creed GIT, but since Amazon is not a authorized Creed retailer, one has no idea how their supply was obtained, (the quality, age, how it was stored, etc.) hence the grey market. It may be perfectly fine, or may not be. And you don't have to go to an authorized reseller and pay top dollar if all you want is a decant. There are plenty of reputable sources to obtain a sample.

And you don't have to go to an authorized reseller and pay top dollar if all you want is a decant. There are plenty of reputable sources to obtain a sample.

Of course.....but the OP was showing interest in purchasing an entire bottle. As for "reputable" sources......I have never had a problem with anyone I have bought decants from. But they are not authorized retailers either (no different than Amazon). Therefore you have no idea how they have obtained the frags or how they are stored either or how they decant them. Hell, someone selling decants of GIT may have very well bought the bottle from Amazon. Why do you trust people who sell decants but not Amazon? One in the same to me.......

Of course.....but the OP was showing interest in purchasing an entire bottle. As for "reputable" sources......I have never had a problem with anyone I have bought decants from. But they are not authorized retailers either (no different than Amazon). Therefore you have no idea how they have obtained the frags or how they are stored either or how they decant them. Hell, someone selling decants of GIT may have very well bought the bottle from Amazon. Why do you trust people who sell decants but not Amazon? One in the same to me.......

All of what you say is true, it is a question of risk tolerance. Are you willing to risk $129 for 4.2oz of what may or may not be good juice vs $22 for 10 ml through a vendor that has a reputation (through crystal flacon and B&B) of selling high quality juice? The answer is up to the individual.

Amazon uses a lot of third party "resellers" these days, so you don't necessarily enjoy the safety of Amazon return policies, etc. I learned this the hard way.

I've also been burned on EBAY with EDT buys that were fake. Fortunately, I got a refund but buying fragrances is a "buyer beware" game once you stray from authorized outlets.

Last edited:
Amazon uses a lot of third party "resellers" these days, so you don't necessarily enjoy the safety of Amazon return policies, etc. I learned this the hard way.

I've also been burned on EBAY with EDT buys that were fake. Fortunately, I got a refund but buying fragrances is a "buyer beware" game once you stray from authorized outlets.

The GIT product linked on Amazon is sold by Amazon, not a third party vendor. I would have absolutely no worries about ordering this product directly from Amazon.

We have a local liquor store called Brand's Place..I buy from them all the time. Though, I DEFINITELY wouldn't buy a bottle of GIT from them.

I noticed that the WOT (Web Of Trust) firefox plugin popped up a "This site is not trusted" window when I went to the brandsplace.com website...just a thought.

Last edited:
Top Bottom