What's new

Anyone heard of The Ti Glide from Titaner

Has anyone heard of the Ti Glide from Titaner. Looks like an interesting design and concept. It is on pre order right now as in a dollar for reservation Have provided the link here and would love to know everyone's thoughts on this.

TiGlide S1: the Ultimate Titanium Single-Edged Safety Razor - https://get-tiglide.titaner.com/

Here's the Razor

TI Glide.jpg

Ti Glide 3.jpg

Ti Glide 2.jpg

I've been looking at this one.

Full cost is ~$250 I believe, but if you spend $2 and sign up for their VIP list, then you get a 45% discount on the launch price.

It's an interesting design, but I feel there's something a little... off about having to spend $2 to reserve a discount place. Not something you normally see with a crowdfunding project. Also, the half-DE blade approach isn't too appealing to me; I'd be more interested in an AC or Gem blade model.

It's an interesting design, but I feel there's something a little... off about having to spend $2 to reserve a discount place. Not something you normally see with a crowdfunding project. Also, the half-DE blade approach isn't too appealing to me; I'd be more interested in an AC or Gem blade model.

But, but it's the ultimate...

They have lowered the VIP price to one dollar which I did sign up for. Mainly because it’s made of titanium and at that price that’s fairly good. I also have the leaf thorn which I’ve gotten good shaves with so I’m optimistic that this will be similar but

The video of this racer looks interesting. It looks as if the blade aligns magnetically to the top plate. However, it is also made a titanium, which I didn’t think was a good material to be a magnet.

I've been looking at this one.

Full cost is ~$250 I believe, but if you spend $2 and sign up for their VIP list, then you get a 45% discount on the launch price.

They lowered it to 1 dollar for vip. Around 145 for a titanium razor I think

That they've halved the VIP entry cost signals that they're not attracting that first blush of customers that they need. As there's no guarantee they'll even manufacture, I think this is a hard pass from me.

That they've halved the VIP entry cost signals that they're not attracting that first blush of customers that they need. As there's no guarantee they'll even manufacture, I think this is a hard pass from me.
I’m not sure how many they plan to produce the first round, but apparently they haven’t sold as many as they need

I am now fully acquainted with Titaner. How I managed to keep my wallet unscathed, I do not understand. Small metal pocket objects are a weakness of the tanuki breed. But SE razors don't go in my pocket.

I bought a RazoRock Eco for one of my sons, so I am slightly experienced with one saloon blade razor. I like the concept, and there are slightly more blade choices than Gem SEs. My Focus shavette uses half (broken) DE blades, which busts blade choice wide open in the half blade format.

Back to questions I have on the not yet convincing Ti Glide:

Why the nominal reservation charge instead of their more usual third party crowd funding approach? Seems odd to pay a fee to give out my email and, I suppose, my credit card details. What else am I agreeing to?

I like the look. Are both head and handle Ti?

Weight and dimension numbers?

It is a first effort from an outfit that has not designed and built razor heads. Titaner has a number of evolved '2.0' models of other items in its diverse product line.

I like the concept, but the details of the design are hard for me to understand clearly, especially the magnets combined with a turn screw for attachment and clamping. The quick video clips are a bit 'glib'.

IMG_6264.jpeg
I find the blade clamping in the video of the prototype a little concerning. Is that a wave in the edge?

I have the leaf thorn, another single edge razor that you split a DE blade. I like it personally, though it could have a little more weight in the head. I’m hoping this will be something similar but titanium. I do think splitting the blades will get a little more use out of them and if it’s aggressive enough, it will hold my interest, that’s my concern.

Even though the leaf thorn is the more aggressive offering, it still could use more blade gap.

Last edited:
I am now fully acquainted with Titaner. How I managed to keep my wallet unscathed, I do not understand. Small metal pocket objects are a weakness of the tanuki breed. But SE razors don't go in my pocket.

I bought a RazoRock Eco for one of my sons, so I am slightly experienced with one saloon blade razor. I like the concept, and there are slightly more blade choices than Gem SEs. My Focus shavette uses half (broken) DE blades, which busts blade choice wide open in the half blade format.

Back to questions I have on the not yet convincing Ti Glide:

Why the nominal reservation charge instead of their more usual third party crowd funding approach? Seems odd to pay a fee to give out my email and, I suppose, my credit card details. What else am I agreeing to?

I like the look. Are both head and handle Ti?

Weight and dimension numbers?

It is a first effort from an outfit that has not designed and built razor heads. Titaner has a number of evolved '2.0' models of other items in its diverse product line.

I like the concept, but the details of the design are hard for me to understand clearly, especially the magnets combined with a turn screw for attachment and clamping. The quick video clips are a bit 'glib'.

View attachment 1856116I find the blade clamping in the video of the prototype a little concerning. Is that a wave in the edge?
It looks like the blades align in place through a magnet, which is something I don’t understand.

I don’t think titanium is a good material for a magnet.

Last edited:
I have a few bolt action pens made by this company and they’re great. This one reminds me of a traditional GEM razor. I would have preferred it if were a magnetic DE like the Everyday Shaving Stinger razor or an SE that is more streamlined and can pivot like the Highproof razor.

Last edited:
If you join the VIP they have a private Facebook group. They’re planning to launch in late June or July.

They only have about 20 members of the private Facebook group currently

Last edited:
I have a few bolt action pens made by this company and they’re great. This one reminds me of a traditional GEM razor. I would have preferred it if were a magnetic DE like the Everyday Shaving Stinger razor or an SE that is more streamlined and can pivot like the Highproof razor.
Someone else I read compared to a gem but gems have their own proprietary blade correct? this will work with half a DE blade I believe.

Last edited:
It looks cool. Nice fixed head design, should be a pretty smooth shaver. The small screw is concerning to me as it will be lost immediately down the drain by many.

I think they are getting your cc so that they can gauge real interest and they can promptly charge you once they are ready. $2 is probably needed to cover a minimum transaction fee, but it is a weird number psychologically. So I feel someone made the smart decision to lose money per transaction, while keeping people from being creeped out.

I don't really cotton to giving my personal data and cc to mysterious Hong Kong (nee China) Enterprise honeypots, so I deferred. Maybe that will be my loss.

Also, I have not broken past the $60 razor glass ceiling yet, and that is already a prime luxury IMO.

Top Bottom