What's new

Anyone do a seasonal soap rotation?

You know what I mean, say you have 40 soaps and creams (what's wrong with that? I picked a low number just to use an example) and you divide them up by season or quarter to always keep a fresh rotation. Soaps for spring, summer, fall, winte. Anyone do this?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Interesting idea! I definitely choose my scents based upon season, weather and such; but I haven’t quite created a system (yet).

Yup. Menthol stuff, citrus, grassy or aquatic scents for spring/summer.

Heavier and darker scents (smoke tinged stuff for example) in the fall/winter.

I have limited space in our bathroom cabinet and from memory what’s in there right now is:

B&M:
Diamond
East Egg
Petrichor
Terror

SV:
Cosmo
70th Anni
Opuntia

DG:
YRP
Sellout

There might be a few more but that’s off the top of my head.

All year: Mike's Lavender, various barbershop scents
Spring/Summer: Dr. Jon's "Savannah Sunrise", Mike's Peppermint & Rosemary, Stirling "Black Ice"
Fall/Winter: Stirling "Coniferous", Southern Witchcrafts "Carpathia", Mickey Lee "La Fee Verte"

I do but not in the way you described. I use a soap or cream until it’s done which ends up being around every 4 months. So depending on what season is coming up, i kind of tailor my next soap purchase to it. For instance this summer it’s some cream i bought in greece and also a can of proraso. Come fall/winter i’ll pick a soap that’s more of a “wintery” scent. Something about using a heavy scent in summer or a light scent in winter just doesn’t sit right with me.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
What season would you put MWF? Spring or summer? Just curious....

All year round for me, but I'm one soap for home, one soap for travel, and samples for fun if I feel like it. I don't even think my sample choices are affected by season. Mitchell's is as good in the depths of winter as it is in the height of summer.

What I do after the shave might vary. I got back into using aftershaves, because at certain times my skin needed "something", but balm would be too heavy. I don't decide what I'm going to use post shave, till the shave is done. It's probably as dependent on the previous 24/48 hours, as the shave I've just finished.

I like to rotate and don't have enough soaps to do this specifically, but I did recently purchase Bergamot & Thyme, and Lilac, to have some spring/summer scents, and might not use a cream like Spanish Leather as often in the summer.

Great question!

I have a ‘more-or-less’ seasonal rotation. During the summer I tend toward soaps like Haslinger’s marigold and aloe vera. During the winter I am more of a MWF and Haslinger’s schafmilch boy.
But nothing is fixed in stone! :a29:

I don't have that many soaps. However, I do put those with menthol away for the winter, and then I have some warm scents that I use in the winter. The remaining soaps I use year round.

You know what I mean, say you have 40 soaps and creams (what's wrong with that? I picked a low number just to use an example) and you divide them up by season or quarter to always keep a fresh rotation. Soaps for spring, summer, fall, winte. Anyone do this?

Come on, spill the beans, how many soaps do you REALLY have Rusty?:001_tongu

I definitely rotate - the menthol and citrus soaps get used a lot more in summer and I‘m less likely to reach for the woody and spicy ones. I also have some creams that get more use in the summer - a cucumber one that is sadly discontinued from eshave as an example.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Well, yeah. Darkfall, Hallows ...

Anything piny, Vespers and Dickens ...

Neutrals and fougeres in spring ...

Anything cool, blue/green and menthol in summer.

AA

I have a little over 50 soaps and creams and while I do tend to use some more than others depending upon the season, I don't formally split up the rotation based upon seasons. I just pick my soap or cream of the day based upon the slickness I'm looking for that day and the scent I'm looking for on that given day. My choice of scent does tend to follow the season but I would say its not necessarily by design but more by my whim.

Yes. Right now I have two soaps and two creams, so that works out.

Right now (Spring), Pacific Shaving Co. Natural (spring-like fragrance, I think).
Summer, I'll move to Pre de Provence original.
Fall, Pre de Provence No. 63.
Winter, Gillette Pure cream.

Back when I had 50+ soaps/cremes I did. Pretty much what you'd expect: spring/summer -- citrus, green, some menthol (not something I've used much); winter -- "heavy" scents

I only have 16 soaps/cremes on hand these days, a stash level I strongly prefer, and I don't really put any thought into season these days. I do, however, track usage of each soap/creme.

Yep!
Spring: Mike’s Rose or Lavandin & Eucalyptus, or Stirling Port Au Prince
Summer: Mike’s Bergamot/Orange/Ylang-Ylang or Lime, or Arko
Fall: Stirling Glastonbury or Mike’s Rose/Patchouli/Cedarwood
Winter: Mike’s Barbershop or B&M First Snow or Tabac

Top Bottom