What's new

Anybody know of Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (soaps, et al)

Browsing around, I came across this company: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. Based in Phoenix, AZ, they hand make their soaps as well as carry other major brands.

Being from back East, from NJ, and now living in AZ, I just had to order their Honeysuckle soap & aftershave. Gotta see if it takes me back to my younger years and thast great smell of all the honeysuckle bushes/vines. Now, only if someone would develop Mulberry soap:lol:http://badgerandblade.com/vb/images/smilies/yellow_guys/laugh.gif

Mikey

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got an AS from them, Sangre de Drago, with dragon's blood, sandalwood, and oud. It's a bit pricey, but very good. Their soaps are reasonably priced. Let us know how your soap is. :001_smile

I just got an AS from them, Sangre de Drago, with dragon's blood, sandalwood, and oud. It's a bit pricey, but very good. Their soaps are reasonably priced. Let us know how your soap is. :001_smile

I really hope the soap is good. They have a LOT of interesting scents, and AS to match.

Mikey

Doesn't everybody? I have several of their soaps and a few of their AS splashes. The soaps are as good as any and the AS are better than most. In my opinion.

PAA has a lot of history, the op should search about this company and make his own decision.

This message brought to you by Chad's phone.... most likely with typos

Doesn't everybody? I have several of their soaps and a few of their AS splashes. The soaps are as good as any and the AS are better than most. In my opinion.

I have ten full bottles of their AS splash. They're my favorite aftershaves, and my longest lasting.

I have 3 of their Aftershaves (CAD, Tombstone and K). All three have great scents and last throughout the day for me. I have one soap, in K scent and like it. Since starting in straight razor shaving my level of knowledge is limited to what I've used which is two Prorasco creams in a tube and one PAA in soap, so consider my input very limited in nature. I like their website and can spend a good amount of time reading the AS adverts. Very creative to say the least. Personally I like their products. Oh I've also used their 'stache wax.

Tombstone is freaking awesome. Deja Fougere ( Soap) is pretty great. The matching AS took time to grow on me, but I like it pretty well and I have actually still smelled it on me over 24 hours later. I have the Cad soap but haven't tried the AS.

meliahog, I ordered several PAA soaps and aftershaves this morning as well. I have a few PAA soaps and have tried a few samples that were passed around and I think you will be pleased.

I tried their Neroli soap, but it was a loser, for me. So-so performance, and not a hint of real neroli aroma; more like granny's bath soap. St Charles Shave's Neroli is much better. I haven't been tempted to try any other PAA products; I have too much soap already!

Sadly, some just love conflict & drama more than anything!

Yes OP, PPA is a well known and often well regarded Artisan Soap maker.
Not sure it's conflict and drama. Just a heads up that this particular person has a bit of a history.

Tried The Beach a while back but gave me a burning sensation. Interesting scent for sure though.

I bought their 11235 Shave Soap (supposed to be a similar scent to the German 4711 cologne which I own). Lather performance is outstanding. Heavy, creamy, lots of glide and HUGE and POWERFUL scent. You can smell this soap 8" from the can. If you like 4711, then you will notice the soap has the cologne's base notes, but it's light on the citrus top notes. You will be smelling this soap intensely as you work the lather and through your entire shave. Nice post shave scent cling and does pair well with the 4711 aftershave and/or cologne.

Man, I'm not sure what's up with people these days. I find myself in a position of defending Joe from RR on FB,( which I certainly am not the right guy for that sort of thing), and we have this going on here. Do people just like to bash artisan soap makers or am I missing something?

All I can say is that I do not know about any history, I only know I like some of their products and I will continue to enjoy them.

Top Bottom