What's new

Stirling Syndicate

My favorite Stirling soaps are: Executive Man, Sharp Dressed Man, Baker Street, Sheep & Barbershop. In my opinion you can't go wrong with Stirling, great prices, lather and slickness after the shave. I got the email of the new scents and want to try some, but have to use up others first.
That's exactly why I grabbed samples... and hand soaps. You'll always use handsoaps. We have three bathrooms, so plenty of places to open a new bar of Stirling. [emoji6]

Of course, now I'm going to go back for more shave soap... It's a slippery slope.

Stirling is a real hit and miss for me when it comes to scents. I like strong scents. Some Stirling has good strength of scent, like Haverford and Agar. But this Spring I've tried a lime and aView attachment 1250831 pineapple, both of which seem basically unscented. The soap is very good, but I'll stay away from Stirlings Summer scents and stick with their Winter season scents.
Most natural citrus scent's don't last long, I wish they did. The Stirling Lime with Menthol just feels good on a warm summer day[emoji41]

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Happy to see South Padre. A kind fellow sent me a penny sample of it about a year and a half ago and I really liked it. Been keeping an eye open for a return since. Got my soap and aftershave splash of South Padre in the mail yesterday, as well as a body lotion. Plus a couple other goodies…
Will likely shave with it tonight.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I tried my sample of Varen in the mutton tallow base for a gentle evening shave. Wow. Amazing fougere — like B&M Petrichor meets an herb garden. And the mutton (sheep) tallow was stunning — one of the richest, slickest and silkiest lathers I’ve ever made. My skin feels softer and more nourished than with the beef tallow offerings from Stirling. I am impressed.

I thought Stirling's did custom scents? Or at one time I thought they did. Not sure about EDT though?

Maybe you could send them an email and ask.

Wondering if anyone knows how well the Stirling refill pucks (4.5 oz) fit in the shave jar (5.8 oz)? Post pic if able.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Yep, they work out great. You just unwrap it, drop it in, press it with your thumb or spoon or whatever. Spreads easily

Consequently, if you had another container that you wanted to use instead of the regular Sterling tubs, it would be no problem to fit them to that as well.

(Sent from mobile)

Stirling sells an empty smaller container that both the refills and the sample sizes fit in. They fill out to the sides of that container

Wondering if anyone knows how well the Stirling refill pucks (4.5 oz) fit in the shave jar (5.8 oz)? Post pic if able.
Refill puck of "Naked & Smooth" smooshed into a full-size jar:
Nekkid.jpg

Haven’t tried the standard sized jar (5.8 oz) yet but fits perfectly in the smaller ones fairly well. But as others have said it’s soft enough to form into the jars

I tried my sample of Varen in the mutton tallow base for a gentle evening shave. Wow. Amazing fougere — like B&M Petrichor meets an herb garden. And the mutton (sheep) tallow was stunning — one of the richest, slickest and silkiest lathers I’ve ever made. My skin feels softer and more nourished than with the beef tallow offerings from Stirling. I am impressed.

Shoot! I had a sample with their mutton tallow (Electric Sheep; weird scent) and it was one of their only soaps I didn't love based on performance. That was a while ago. I feel like I should try one again.

I need to join this Brotherhood/Club.

Here's the Stirling Shave Soaps I've tried:

(Finished):
Margaritas in the Arctic--awesome in every way.
Bay Rum--really enjoyed the scent.
Sandpiper--recall this as a milder scent but very good.
Executive Man--top shelf scent.
Electric Sheep sample--felt like the lather wasn't working for me. The scent was not a favorite, either.

(Current):
Black Cherry Glacial--a bit overwhelming in terms of the menthol, but fun to mix into other soaps!
Haverford--my favorite Stirling so far. Love the color, love the scent.
Piacenza--loved it at first, now I don't reach for it much.

(Ordered--all samples):
Gin and Tonic on the Rocks
Iced Pineapple
Coconut Lime
Stirling Spice
Island Man
Campania
Eucalyptus and Mint

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Shoot! I had a sample with their mutton tallow (Electric Sheep; weird scent) and it was one of their only soaps I didn't love based on performance. That was a while ago. I feel like I should try one again.

I need to join this Brotherhood/Club.

Here's the Stirling Shave Soaps I've tried:

(Finished):
Margaritas in the Arctic--awesome in every way.
Bay Rum--really enjoyed the scent.
Sandpiper--recall this as a milder scent but very good.
Executive Man--top shelf scent.
Electric Sheep sample--felt like the lather wasn't working for me. The scent was not a favorite, either.

(Current):
Black Cherry Glacial--a bit overwhelming in terms of the menthol, but fun to mix into other soaps!
Haverford--my favorite Stirling so far. Love the color, love the scent.
Piacenza--loved it at first, now I don't reach for it much.

(Ordered--all samples):
Gin and Tonic on the Rocks
Iced Pineapple
Coconut Lime
Stirling Spice
Island Man
Campania
Eucalyptus and Mint
I was so impressed with the mutton base that I ordered a full puck of Varen and a sample of every other mutton scent (except the unscented). USPS shows they shall arrive today.

I've had two shaves with this razor but here are my thoughts thus far:

It is a beautiful piece. Polish is nice, no visible issues whatsoever. On par with the polished timeless I've got and better than the RR razors I've got, as it should be based on the price difference.

The presentation is awesome with the leather pouch. It came with a 5 pack tuck of Gillette Platinum, which i used on the first shave with this razor. I also got the Hyoer Aggressive base plate, I'll make an update once I've used it.

The shave is very smooth. A good amount of blade feel, but not menacing. On par with a setting 6 on my rex ambassador. Even with the blade feel, it is VERY smooth and VERY comfortable once the angle is dialed in. The first shave was great and only lopped off two pimples. The second shave was even better. No nics or cuts or irritation. I got an even better result the second time as I was able to find a better angle to use. This is a great shaving razor. Very close but comfortable. Shave one was with the provided gillette Platinum, shave two was with personna Platinum chrome made in Israel. Both new blades.

In terms of aggressiveness or efficiency, it is the same for me as the setting 6 of my rex ambassador, more aggressive than the 2013 version of the r41, way more efficient and aggressive than the highest setting on the slim or fatboy, etc. This is the most efficient razor I've got tied with the rex and the HA will be even more efficient.

I got the Dallas handle. While it is beautiful, I have been spoiled with my rex ambassador. I find i want more grip. It is the same problem I have with my polished timeless with the dimple handle. More grip is needed. I'll be looking around for another polished handle with more grip. If I use an alum block on my fingers this no problem at all.

This is a razor that, with time and technique, can be used daily. I shave every other day and this was comfortable even with only 2 days growth. I do have thick, coarse growth.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

Last edited:
Top Bottom