What's new

Any one have experience with the Savage MSR-10 long range?

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Morning all,
Been pondering this rifle for a while now and decided to asked the enlightened masses. Does anyone have any experience with the Savage MSR-10 long range in 6.5 Creedmore? I'm very tempted regardless of price (seems like a solid list of out sourced parts) and I have had good luck, accuracy wise, with Savage rifles in the past. What say ye? I would probably slap a Vortex Viper PST Gen II scope and a Thunder Beast suppressor on it and go play at the long range! :D

I have yet to hear of a Savage bolt gun that wasn't accurate. Haven't heard anything about the MSR though.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

What kind of money do they go for? Do they have a wood stock option? I assume they come in other calibers. Do they come with sights?

Another question, can the safety be switched off silently? My rifle clicks and I don't like that, game might hear it click. I assume all rifles still come with safeties.

nikonNUT

Buy one and report back!

AA :kyle1:

Well FINE! :D I did! No rounds down range yet but I am VERY impress thus far!
What kind of money do they go for? Do they have a wood stock option? I assume they come in other calibers. Do they come with sights?
MSRP is about $2300.00 No wood... M-Loc Forend and a Magpul PRS GEN3 precision adjustable butt stock.

Another question, can the safety be switched off silently? My rifle clicks and I don't like that, game might hear it click. I assume all rifles still come with safeties.
I does click. I've not come across many silent Savage safety...

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator

MSRP is about $2300.00 No wood... M-Loc Forend and a Magpul PRS GEN3 precision adjustable butt stock.

Any day you get a new gun is a GREAT day! Congrats!

AA

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Lots of good reviews out on the stock, you’re going to like it. I’d be interested in seeing pics of your first shots when sighting in.

nikonNUT

Oh happy day! After reading horror story after horror story about Savage muzzle brakes I took a deep breath and stuck a 3" screwdriver in the brake, grabbed the hand guard and gave it twist (knowing full well it wouldn't come loose thanks to Rockset thread locker that is supposedly used ) and lo and behold... It was barely past hand tight with just a tad bit of oil on the threads! We are suppressor ready! Put a bit of Hoppe's Black grease on the threads and screwed it back down but I do need a new crush washer now...

nikonNUT

Well Gents, the optics are on and we are ready to shoot! I think that as a package in turned out well and I now have a few gunsmithing tools in my kit! :) Here she is with the glass as well as tucked into bed! :)

P.S Pay no mind to the dirty kitchen :lol: I had other things on my mind...

Top Bottom