What's new

Any of you guys near Norwalk or Stamford Conneticut - Admins - PLEASE DON'T Move!

Hey guys,

First of all - **ADMINS** please don't move this to get-togethers. It is NOT a get-together thing, and I need this to get seen fast!

I've got a strange request for one of you. I managed to purchase a vintage razor through someone in your area (Norwalk to be specific), but I'm in a pickle.

This guy seems to be living off the grid or opposed to shipping or paypal or any other modern convenience that will allow me to get this thing sorted out :)

What I propose is this. I will paypal you (or western union or money order or whatever) the complete amount for this razor + shipping costs to ship to me in Ontario Canada. What I need is for you to then pick it up in Norwalk and ship it off to me via USPS.

In exchange for your help & service I would be happy to send you a free custom turned handle in wood similar to these I did - you can tell me the size of the hole and depth you want:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...andles-finished-and-polished!-PICS?highlight=

Also, I will include one of the vintage Merkur slants I recently acquired. The handle has a crack, but I'll include as a bonus either a polished stainless steel OR rubberized replacment. I prefer the rubberized but it's your call.

Stainless steel:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-Round-II-Stainless-Steel-Tube-PIC?highlight=

Rubberized:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...UX-Round-III-Rubberized-Black-PICS?highlight=

What do you think? I know this is a bit of a pain in the proverbial keester, but this guy isn't really budging for me. I will make sure you have all cash needed in advance.

Thanks for your consideration - please let me know

Cheers,

Rob

Last edited:
FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND 'TOP SECRET'. I AM SURE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE A TRANSACTION OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING A PENDING TRANSACTION REQUIRING MAXIIMUM CONFIDENCE.

WE ARE TOP OFFICIAL OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL WHO ARE INTERESTED IN IMPORATION OF GOODS INTO OUR COUNTRY WITH FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY TRAPPED IN NIGERIA. IN ORDER TO COMMENCE THIS BUSINESS WE SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE TO ENABLE US TRANSFER INTO YOUR ACCOUNT THE SAID TRAPPED FUNDS.

PM me for details.

Really?

How could this in any possible way be a scam to the person who helps me out.

Let me see if I can figure this one out.

First, I'm going to send you money via paypal or western union or cash even. Site unseen. If we left it there you could bugger off with my money and be done with it and there's nothing I could do about it.

At the same time, I'm going to send you even more stuff - a razor and a brush handle that I've spent time and money on. You could also bugger off with that. All I'm asking for in return is to pick up a razor local to you, pay for it with the money I've already put in your hands and ship it to me - again, paid for with money I've already given you.

Wow. I'm a freaking criminal genius. You got me Oblique. Red handed.

nice...

I think he's saying the guy your're buying it from seems to be dodgy.

Ahhhh. If that's the case I completely apologize. I misread it if that was your point. My bad.

I could see how the seller could seem like that but it's really not the case from what I can tell. I've had several emails with him back and forth. He's really just a crusty old guy who's selling a razor and doesn't want to mess around with these innernets and series of tubes and things :)

He was willing to meet me at the train station if I was coming from New York, but that was the extend of his travel range :)

I had to tell him Canada was not really a "via New York" kind of thing :)

Rob
I totally commiserate with you. I'm in Canada as well and you'd think it's a big hassle to ship to Canada. My biggest kerfuffle was with a seller in Germany who didn't have Paypal, only accepted cheques so I had to get all his info etc wire him the money and pay more for shipping than I thought reasonable. Now if there's no shipping to Canada (international) mentioned or paypal I just motor right on by.

How could this in any possible way be a scam to the person who helps me out.

Aw c'mon man, I was joking. It was too good an opportunity to pass :) We've so often posted on the same threads, I wouldn't even dream of thinking your intentions were anything but noble. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND 'TOP SECRET'. I AM SURE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE A TRANSACTION OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING A PENDING TRANSACTION REQUIRING MAXIIMUM CONFIDENCE.

WE ARE TOP OFFICIAL OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL WHO ARE INTERESTED IN IMPORATION OF GOODS INTO OUR COUNTRY WITH FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY TRAPPED IN NIGERIA. IN ORDER TO COMMENCE THIS BUSINESS WE SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE TO ENABLE US TRANSFER INTO YOUR ACCOUNT THE SAID TRAPPED FUNDS.

PM me for details.
I will PM my bank account info.

i will pm my bank account info.

god bless you sir!

AFTER THE ARREST OF MY UNCLE ON 30TH JUNE 2002, HE SECRETLY CALLED ME TO HIS CELL IN A PRIVATE PRISON HERE IN ABIDJAN AND TOLD ME THAT HE HAS A SUM OF $12.500.000 (TWELVE MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS) LEFT IN A SUSPENSE ACCOUNT IN A LOCAL BANK HERE IN ABIDJAN, THAT HE USED MY NAME AS HIS FIRST DAUGHTER FOR THE NEXT OF KIN IN DEPOSIT OF THE FUND.

HE ALSO EXPLAINED TO ME THAT IT WAS BECAUSE OF THIS WEALTH AND SOME HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES SUPPOSED TO BALANCE HIS FROM THE DEAL THEY HAD THAT HE WAS FRAIMED BY HIS BUSINESS ASSOCIATES, THAT I SHOULD SEEK FOR A GOD FEARING FOREIGN PARTNER IN A COUNTRY OF MY CHOICE WHERE I WILL TRANSFER THIS MONEY AND USE IT FOR INVESTMENT PURPOSE, (SUCH AS REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT). SIR, WE ARE HONOURABLY SEEKING YOUR DETAILS IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS.
1) TO PROVIDE A BANK ACCOUNT WHERE THIS MONEY WOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO.

2) TO SERVE AS THE GUARDIAN OF THIS SINCE I AM A GIRL OF 26 YEARS.

MOREOVER SIR, WE ARE WILLING TO OFFER YOU 15% OF THE SUM IS COMPENSATION FOR EFFORT INPUT AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL TRANSFER OF THIS FUND TO YOUR DESIGNATE ACCOUNT OVERSEAS. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ,ME VIA THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
[email protected]

ANTICIPATING TO HEAR FROM YOU AGAIN.
THANKS AND GOD BLESS.
BEST REGARDS.
MISS WUMI ABDUL

Aw c'mon man, I was joking. It was too good an opportunity to pass :) We've so often posted on the same threads, I wouldn't even dream of thinking your intentions were anything but noble. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

No worries - I over-reacted and misread it. I think it didn't help the frustration I'm feeling towards this guy who's making me jump through these hoops to get this razor.

It really is a sweet looking razor though :) Especially if you're a slant lover! If I ever get this deal closed I'll report back with pics.

I found a guy who's in the area who's going to pick it up for me.

Might I just say - my hat is off to Teflon_Synapses / Josh. A true gentleman and yet another example of Badger and Blade comraderie and generosity. Thanks for your help!

/Rob

Josh emailed me this morning to inform me that the razor is now in transit! Indeed another B&B good Karma moment :)

Josh has earned himself this brush handle pictured below turned to his shape preference with room for a 26mm beast of a knot :) Also one vintage Merkur slant + rubberized handle!

$brush1.jpg$brush2.jpg

Thanks again Josh!

Top Bottom