What's new

any Japanese aftershave WITHOUT menthol/Castor Oil?

just curious if anyone knows of any Japanese aftershaves WITHOUT plants/oils/extracts..Castor Oil and Menthol seem like they are in many AS's

ST

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Mandom doesn't have menthol but I'm not sure about castor oil.

Mandom doesn't have menthol but I'm not sure about castor oil.

Luc, we have the ingredients on the wiki: Mandom_Aftershave_Lotion

Ethanol, Water, DPG, PEG-8, Diisopropyl adipate, PEG-50 Hydrogenated castor oil, Oleth-8 Sodium phosphate, Oxybenzone-2, EDTA-2 Sodium, Fragrance, Yellow 203, Red 401.

I do not see menthol, but I see castor oil. It seems to be hydrogenated, if that makes any difference?

The Mandom_Lucido_Aftershave has menthol, but no castor oil.

Well...the castor oil..from the plant...unless it says castor "acid"...oils are said to be the highest potency of the ingredient...below that is acid....which is usually fine.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I remembered that Mandom did not have any menthol when I used it but I forgot to check the ingredient list in wiki, thanks Mike. All the other ones (Japanese Aftershaves) that I tried all had menthol in them (MG5, Bravas, Lordos). The only other exception (just thought about it) was the Kanebo 9 o'clock (no menthol) - http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Kanebo_Nine_OClock_Aftershave

Again, not sure about the castor oil as the ingredient list was in Japanese when I read it. It had good aquatic scent!

Top Bottom