What's new

Any honemeisters in the UK up for a challenge?

I've now used my brand new Dovo En Vogue straight a few times and I am still not convinved that it is sharp enough. It takes quite a bit of pressure to cut through the beard (making it difficult in areas like the lip) and it doesn't seem to get a close cut. This could all be down to my technique but it struggles with HHT and arm hair as well. It's been like this from having been honed so I don't think I have rounded the edge through stropping or anything.

I've got quite a thick beard - I tend to use feathers in my DE as others can tug quite a bit. Is there anyone in the UK who thinks they can hone my razor up to super scary sharp? I can pay with money or I can provide nice treats from my website as payment.

I'm not against honers in the US - it just might take a bit longer so I would prefer UK if possible.

Thanks

Mammoo,

I used to have a DOVO vogue, its a stainless steel blade and it requires a bit more work than a standard carbon blade.

It will never be as sharp as a Feather DE, but it shouldn't pull.

I'll give a hone for free for you if you like. You pay the return postage.

Just send me a PM if I can help.

Hi Mammoo
Was just wondering the other day how you were doing. I just shaved off my goattee and there's a part of my chin that's like iron and is definitely "very challenging". I'm getting good results, but the difference between my cheeks and chin is ridiculous. My edges are definitely sharp enough, but it really felt like they weren't the other day when I was balking at using so much more force with a razor....in the direction of my mouth.

Last edited:
If you want you can send her across the North Sea to me. i'll finish her off on my Nakayama.

I'll do it for a puck of St Charles shaving soap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom