What's new

Antique Straight Razor Sharpener machine

Only 6 in the world

BIN

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-straight-razor-sharpener-very-rare-strop-/270899891430

proxy.php

I think the decimal is two points too far to the right in the listing.

ONLY 6?
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu303/Wullie_01/silly%20****/time-bandits_77.jpg

I guess the value is the antiquity quotient. You could make one of those easily - not that it has the best design. Maybe that would be a good competition - make a straight razor stropping machine. Heh...

I'm still sucking at stropping, and was dreaming of an automated strop the other day (while wreckin' my strop and my blade) .. anyway, I was imagining a low-speed belt sander with a leather belt. I gotta believe that's been done at some point along the way, right?

That machine up top looks pretty gnarly.. like if it weren't aligned properly, things would get broken.

The letter is from Epstein's mother.

:lol:

I'm still sucking at stropping, and was dreaming of an automated strop the other day (while wreckin' my strop and my blade) .. anyway, I was imagining a low-speed belt sander with a leather belt. I gotta believe that's been done at some point along the way, right?

That machine up top looks pretty gnarly.. like if it weren't aligned properly, things would get broken.

:lol:

Yeah, I was thinking, put a motor on that thing, and be ready to shave in seconds
As far as a belt grinder, you could only strop on side at a time, this would probably curl the edge.

Last edited:
hmmm...
excuse the crude drawing. But if you had two leather sanders rotating in opposite direction, and figure out a way to keep the blade from getting sucked into it, then you might have something.

$grinder.JPG

proxy.php

"Um, no. As novel as this is, it's still just a glorified blade sharpener. Unless it was owned by Jack the Ripper, there's almost no market for something like this. I'll give you $75."
Ok so I made that up, but seriously, that thing is worth nowhere near the asking price. I'd pay $75 tops for that obscure ***, and even then, that's pretty generous.

So funny I was thinking the same thing if this guy was to walk in their pawn shop. That link I posted was sent to me by another collector who has one in much better shape and was very excited to see that price of course lol. He asked what I thought and I said that is crazy, I mean an original cased Gillette double ring or First run Kampfe razor is something every one can relate to not that thing.

I though SR fans would find the technology of it interesting but comments are all about the money :001_huh:

proxy.php

Ok so I made that up, but seriously, that thing is worth nowhere near the asking price. I'd pay $75 tops for that obscure ***, and even then, that's pretty generous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom