What's new

Another razor?

I'm looking for some help regarding another razor. It's pay day after all. I've got a Futur which I love. I was wondering what other razors I should try. Appreciate your comments in advance.

Thanks
Nanna

What's your price range? I love my LC NEW, my 2011 R41, my Weber with Bulldog handle. I am drooling over a Tradere. I also would like a Sabi T1, T2, & T3.

The Weber is around $70, the R41 is around $50 I think. The Weber is a very close, smooth, but surprisingly mild shaver. The R41 is a very aggressive, close shaver. You will lose some blood when you first use it. The FaTip is between these 2. I don't know how aggressive you like, but this covers the spectrum.

The Tradere is $150, but it's getting great reviews.

Somebody - I believe my Future is set on 7.

Ironfist - I'm sure you're right but I'd have no idea whether I got a good deal or got fleeced on the 'bay. BTW, you live in a great city, was there in 2000 for a couple of days while touring Scotland.

Ironfist - I'm sure you're right but I'd have no idea whether I got a good deal or got fleeced on the 'bay. BTW, you live in a great city, was there in 2000 for a couple of days while touring Scotland.

Check the BST here, usually their prices are uptodate. Alternatively you could check antique malls, as most people here are scoring some great razors for cheap in the usa! I only go to one source here as i don't know many others :)

Thanks! Its an alright place, some bad crowd some good crowd if you get what i mean :)

6 is the highest setting on the Futur

i find my weber ARC to be a slightly more aggressive shaver than an EJ DE89 that i had before, somewhat less aggressive than a Merkur 38C. however, the low-friction head of it is absolutely amazing. it's making a HUGE difference and i really love it. plus, the bulldog handle is amazing.

that said, i got the 39C slant recently and it's also outstanding. i highly recommend both. you can find the 39C available immediately at a number of vendors, but a weber is going to be more difficult to come by, unless you are willing to buy the DLC with a bulldog handle, which will have a black head sitting atop a chrome handle. personally i found that to be so visually disturbing that i waited until somebody would sell me an older ARC, which is now out of production, on B/S/T. i got it within a week and i am very glad that i didn't get a DLC.

Triad - yes, you are right. I was thinking a one to ten scale. It's set on four.

Might take a look at a R41 then, can't beat the price at Connaught. I look at the BST too, so will see what comes up there too.

Thanks all for the advice.

I have the futur as well, just got a fatip grande and although not as fancy or well finished a razor I got my closest and smoothest shave so far. Just had a slim and a fatboy arrive today so looking forward to trying these out but my next purchase is the R41 it has to be done.

Rob

Top Bottom