What's new

AMBOYNA BURL / 10/8 Joseph Rodgers

Well here we go again. As you may have seen in an earlier post where I broke a set of scales, I have made a new set from the same hunk of wood as the originals. The first set are in progress and will replace this set. The scales are Amboyna burl backed with white ebony. Many coats of CA, micarta spacer drilled and filled with brass weight for balance. Pins are brass with brass and stainless washers. Just finished shaving with this 10/8 and whooo wheee it shaves nice, though while hitting the sideburns it's like wearing a blinder. This thing will test your endurance for sure, and be sure you keep your lower body protected in case you drop it or you'll find more than just the razor on the floor.:w00t:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My my my...

Dennis, this razor has to be one of the best you have turned out so far. I really like it. Gongratulation on a job well done...

Very nice work and pics. Dennis, you are a fine craftsman.

EDIT: 999 posts on the board. To me this is a way more significant number than 1k. I haven't decided whether I wish to go to 1k or stop here and start another account... Some may understand my logic, others may not. To hell with both groups.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. Sorry about some of the pics having soap scum still on the blade. I had just finished a shave and just wiped it on a towel before portrait time. :biggrin:

Top Bottom