What's new

Alt-Innsbruck vs. Penhaligons Aftershave, Blenheim Bouquet

I have to say that while Alt-Innsbruck (100ml $39.95) smells a little sweet, it's really an awesome aftershave that sets me right for several hours. The only thing is that I wish it came in a 200ml-sized bottle.

Anyway, I saw online that Penhaligon's was "related". I've never heard of it before. Given that 200ml of Penhaligon's aftershave is $195.00

http://www.royalshave.com/p/425-030-01/penhaligons-aftershave-blenheim-bouquet.html

- I am wondering what it's like. That's pretty expensive... I see that it contains witch hazel, menthol and alcohol. Is it that superior to Alt-Innsbruck?

I'm just curious.

Last edited:
I don't see how Penhaligon's and Alt Innsbruck are related, but I would suggest this: Penhaligon's is good but there are plenty of After Shaves which are as good (if not better) and available for considerably less money.

Speick, Floid, Pinaud....

Blenheim bouquet is a great aftershave but not at all akin to Alt Innsbruck. And I wonder if Royalshave has it mispriced, it regularly sells for 85 for 100ml elsewhere.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I have gone through 3 flacons of Alt and 1 100ml of Blenheim Splash....both are top drawer. I prefer Floris "JF" splash and Floris Santal Balm now to both of them. this is with going on 8 years of experience and multitudes of low, medium, and higher priced upper bracket aftershaves.

Wow. 3 bars of Floris JF soap is $45.00. Bar soap.

I suppose I'll need to bite the bullet and try some of this aftershave/splash. I've been stuck on Speick because it's so cheap, but Alt-Innsbruck is a splurge that I've really loved. I'll need to try Floris and perhaps Blenheim.

Is it possible to get testers of them anywhere?

Top Bottom