What's new

Advice from Futur owners

I'm using a Merkure Slant now and love it. The RAD has me by the short hairs.Is the Futur as aggressive as the Slant?

I use both and love both. The Futur could probably be as agressive as the slant, but I haven't really felt the need to turn the Futur up past 3. There's much further it can go. My experience, though, is that it's a different kind of agressive. The Slant is like Jean Claude Van Damme agressive while the Futur is more of a Jet Li agressive. On days when I really want to feel like I've had a really close shave, when I want the aftershave to have that extra sting, I'll use the Slant. On days when I just want to feel clean shaven I'll use the Futur.

I don't find the slant to be all that agressive if used with proper technique.

The added weight of the Futur seems to make it a little less forgiving in my hands. I get more nicks with this than I ever have with the slant.

So for me, I find the Futur, more agressive. I set it 2.5.

Sounds like it's like everything else in this world: Must try it myself and get my own take on it. Thanks.

That was a good review. I do like my slant. futur doesn't realy look all that traditional. (Not a bad thing of itself)

Top Bottom