What's new

Acquisitions Monday October 16th - Sunday October 22nd

joel said:
While I do enjoy Glocks, as they are a fine weapon - they do not hold a candle to my Sigs as far as accuracy/durability/reliability is concerened. ... my experience has show that the sigs are THE most reliable.

Maybe there is a reason Swedish Police are equipped with Sigs. Good to know they stand a decent chance to hit what they are aiming at :smile:

There was a controversy a few years ago, when the Swedish police switched ammunition from standard bullets to some sort of frangible projectile. Apparently normal bullets had insufficient "stopping power". The press put the flame on, with stories of how the police was now packing "exploding bullets". But the story died quickly when the police explained that this new form of ammo was much safer for bystanders. :biggrin:

Stopped by C&E and picked up a Best Badger Brush for use on soaps. Man, this scruby lil' devil works great with hard soaps, and I only had to spend $35 to stem my episode of SBAD.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
jazzbass said:
Stopped by C&E and picked up a Best Badger Brush for use on soaps. Man, this scruby lil' devil works great with hard soaps, and I only had to spend $35 to stem my episode of SBAD.

I absolutely love that overachieving little brush. It even works with creams.:cool:

Wolverine said:
Maybe there is a reason Swedish Police are equipped with Sigs. Good to know they stand a decent chance to hit what they are aiming at :smile:

There was a controversy a few years ago, when the Swedish police switched ammunition from standard bullets to some sort of frangible projectile. Apparently normal bullets had insufficient "stopping power". The press put the flame on, with stories of how the police was now packing "exploding bullets". But the story died quickly when the police explained that this new form of ammo was much safer for bystanders. :biggrin:

Swedish police, Navy Seals, Delta Force, Polish Gromm, Isralie special forces, etc etc - all use Sig's, as they allow they operators to choose their handgun. A famous Police instructor in the USA once said "There are two types of officers....those who carry Sig's, and those who wish they did."

joel said:
Swedish police, Navy Seals, Delta Force, Polish Gromm, Isralie special forces, etc etc - all use Sig's, as they allow they operators to choose their handgun. A famous Police instructor in the USA once said "There are two types of officers....those who carry Sig's, and those who wish they did."

And here I thought the Israelis favoured Glock. You learn something new every day! I am glad I'm not in the line of work where my knowledge of handguns and their operation could mean the difference between a job well done and a trip to the cemetary. I will leave that to the big boys.

ouch said:
I absolutely love that overachieving little brush. It even works with creams.:cool:

Yes, it does work well with creams, and I love the shape of the handle. Damn, now I want a Simpsons PJ.:001_tt1:

Today i received this beauty in super badger with a handle turned from a piece of mammoth ivory:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Available here

Really hats off for Vincent Schwager, vendor, for his outstanding way of doing business and his excellent communication!

Peter

DJ,

That's correct; this brush was made by Maestro Livi, from Perugia Italy; but my guess is that he turned the handle, but the knot was probably filled by Omega; the appearance of the loft is very much alike those of my Omega badger brushes...

Peter

My Eye caught 2 items

1- Tabac Shave soap stick.

I have been looking for ages for any Tabac soap it was there hidden between Tabac a/s but the D.A that we have here doesnt have the big Tabac soap Jar I want so much so the soap stick will have to do.

2-Kruidvat soap bowl its 50% off the price of VerguldeHand soap but LX emergency said it is good, I bought it for Crackstar as a gift.

I also saw the Verguldehand shave Cream tube ! I resisted to grab that but am already sorry I didnt go for it because it was only the last one at display.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolverine said:
And here I thought the Israelis favoured Glock. You learn something new every day! I am glad I'm not in the line of work where my knowledge of handguns and their operation could mean the difference between a job well done and a trip to the cemetary. I will leave that to the big boys.

There are some IDF units that use Glock 17's and Glock 34's - however in the most elite unit, where cost is not a consideration/problem, and soldiers get a large input in what they carry, ALL of the Isralie special ops (commando's, anti-tank squads, etc) carry Sigs. Glocks can't handle as much of a beating as sigs, and sigs work awful well with/in sand. Isralie Mossad officers (similar to the U.S. CIA) carry Sig P229's as their concealed carry piece.

SSLStudio said:
My Eye caught 2 items

1- Tabac Shave soap stick.

I have been looking for ages for any Tabac soap it was there hidden between Tabac a/s but the D.A that we have here doesnt have the big Tabac soap Jar I want so much so the soap stick will have to do.

2-Kruidvat soap bowl its 50% off the price of VerguldeHand soap but LX emergency said it is good, I bought it for Crackstar as a gift.

I also saw the Verguldehand shave Cream tube ! I resisted to grab that but am already sorry I didnt go for it because it was only the last one at display.

full

Rene, Bernd from Shavemac carries the TABAC soap in a bowl also..., for, I think 14,00€ plus shipping...

Thomas

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the Sigs when I was in a tank unit--in fact, I commanded it. I remember when we did manoeuvres in the Negev desert, Sigs were trouble.

Jeff

damn, I haven't had Tabac soap in a long time. I loved it so much. They used to sell it here in Montreal for about 15 dollars or so.

Jeff

Top Bottom