What's new

Acquisitions Monday Mar 13 - Sunday Mar 19

Looks like quite a few people got some impressive loot this week.

Scotto said:
Charles' new Lemon Verbena tonic is sublime. Great stuff. I didn't pick up the peppermint since that is not a favorite scent for me. Of course, the DaVinci water is a necessity in my house.

The peppermint is intensely peppermint, but still light and refreshing. If you're not a peppermint fan, this stuff is not for you, but if you are, zowie. I enjoy the Lemon Verbena as well. All of Charles' hydrosols are absolutely top notch. da Vinci remains my favorite, but variety is the spice of life.

-Nick

Merkur Vision DE--a monster. . .but I like it

(from Target)
Proraso pre-shave cream--minty!

(from Nancy Boy)
Nancy Boy travel shave cream--my new fave; must buy larger tub!!!
Nancy Boy signature scent aeromatics (for the office--niiice)
Nancy Boy A/S--excellent
Nancy Boy sig scent bath soap--which they threw in! Great service. . .

CAR A/S--thanks, Howard!

(from Knoxville Cigar on closeout!!!)
Coates Lime Shaving Cream--$19.60
Coates Tea Tree Shaving--$19.60

(from local health food shop)
Thayers Lavender wich hazel--nice, light
Jojoba oil--have yet to use
Rosehip seed oil--have yet to use

proxy.php

I'm really excited about these! A couple of weeks ago I got a free 5-pack of these to sample, and I truly fell in love with them. If anyone is interested, you can read my review of these blades under the "Reviews" section of our board.

proxy.php

This week we redecorated our bathroom (towels, shower curtain, rugs, etc) and I found some waffle towels that matched our new shower curtain. This is actually a dish towel but I have really enjoyed using it for shaving. It absorbs water well and leaves no fuzzies on the face. Thanks, Target!

The bowl and soap dish are also Target products. I don't mix my lather in the bowl but use it to soak my brush and to have fresh water (minus the stubble) for adding to my lather.

The plate is from Pottery Barn, and fits the bowl perfectly while also allowing convenient razor storage.

The new jar for Q-tips (also from Pottery Barn) has appeased the wife. She's not a fan of having a box of Q-tips on the counter.

Rose Petal Witch Hazel from Whole Foods - truly delightful product.

Jojoba oil (also form Whole Foods) - has been a great, moisturizing addition to my post shave routine. I've also been using it prior to going to bed.

Pure Vegetable Glycerin from a local health store - Interesting product, indeed. I am experimenting with this as a post shave treatment and have also been adding it to soaps and creams to change the quality of my lather.

Tom's of Maine Apricot Toothpaste from Whole Foods - I really like this product. My wife isn't a big fan because she likes minty toothpastes, so that means MORE FOR ME!

The top bar of soap is a piece of a 1000 gram cube of Savon de Marseilles olive oil soap that I ordered on-line. I have been using it as a facial cleanser, in the shower, and to add some additional body to my shaving lather (used in conjunction with creams).

I actually have some more stuff on the way. This is what I have received so far.

full

For the week: 50 Gillette Blades (supposedly the "Swede" blades...one thing I do know...they are SMOOTH!), 100 Feather Blades, Old Spice Shea Shaving Soap, SMF II Brush and a Gold Gillette Razor. Anyone identify the razor?

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
PRÉ de PROVENCE Shaving Cream
PRÉ de PROVENCE After Shave Balm
L'Occitane CADE Shower Gel
L'Occitane Energy Face Gel

Jeff,

I've got to pick up some more containers for the soaps, hopefully tonight. It smellsl like old spice, so we will see how it turns out!

Randy

full

Baxter of Cali Shampoo
Baxter of Cali Conditioner
Baxter of Cali Aftershave Balm
Baxter of Cali Pear and Bergamont Face/Body Bars (X3)
Sample of Anthony Logistics Face cleanser, and Face Bar
Carbo Razor Hone
TI double sided paddle strop

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom