What's new

Acqua di Parma Colonia vs Parfums de Nicolai Cologne Sologne vs Roger et Gallet Jean-

I'm looking for a cheaper version of AdP. PdNCS fragrance notes include neroli (predominant), and I think there may be rose. AdP has a sweet drydown and this is what I am looking for. I'm looking for a sweet citrus rather than a dry citrus. Hopefully, PdNCS fills the bill. From what I have been reading on the forums, Roger et Gallet Jean-Marie Farina Extra Vielle has been compared very favorably as an alternative to AdP. PdNCS has been noted at as less salty than RGJMFEV, therefore, I assume that it is sweeter. To boil it all down, I'm looking for as similar a scent to AdP as possible. I'd appreciate any help, since I would prefer not to do a blind buy if possible.

I'm looking for a cheaper version of AdP. PdNCS fragrance notes include neroli (predominant), and I think there may be rose. AdP has a sweet drydown and this is what I am looking for. I'm looking for a sweet citrus rather than a dry citrus. Hopefully, PdNCS fills the bill. From what I have been reading on the forums, Roger et Gallet Jean-Marie Farina Extra Vielle has been compared very favorably as an alternative to AdP. PdNCS has been noted at as less salty than RGJMFEV, therefore, I assume that it is sweeter. To boil it all down, I'm looking for as similar a scent to AdP as possible. I'd appreciate any help, since I would prefer not to do a blind buy if possible.

IMO, Acqua di Parma colognia is one of those frags that's in a different league from the less expensive juices and features better balance and layering. I haven't found anything like it for less money that doesn't bring some compromises with the lower price.
My suggestion is to look around for someone who's looking to sell a bottle that they got from a parent or relative. AdP has been around long enough that there's a lot of it out there. If you're patient and watch FleaBay, you can probably pick some up for about what you'd pay for cheaper juice, but you'd have the real item.
Just a thought.

Top Bottom